Virtual Console My Virtual Console Predictions

• Thread starter technickal
  • Start date
technickal

technickal

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
NES Games
  • MOTHER (first Western release using an edited version of the prototype translation)
  • Devil World (first North American Release)
SNES Games
  • Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (with a higher price because it's a compilation)
  • Mario Paint (Miiverse would make the game SO fun. Plus, it'll help promote the game's spiritual successor, Mario Maker.)
  • Tetris & Dr. Mario
  • Yoshi's Safari (using Wii Remote)
  • Mario is Missing!
  • Mario's Time Machine
  • Kirby's Avalanche
  • Stunt Race FX (if they can port the Super FX chip)
  • Star Fox (if they can port the Super FX chip)
  • Star Fox 2 (first official release)
Probably not Yoshi's Island since the GBA version is already there.
Game Boy Advance games
  • Banjo-Pilot
  • Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire (great tie-in to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
  • Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (with GamePad gyro)
  • WarioWare: Twisted! (with GamePad gyro, first European release)
  • MOTHER 3 (first Western release, official retranslation)
  • Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (first Western release)
  • Destuno no Stafy (The Legendary Starfy) 1, 2, 3, and 4 (first Western release)
(No Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen because they were intended for handhelds and trading would be impossible)
Nintendo DS Games
  • Mario Kart DS
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Brain Age
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
  • Personal Trainer: Cooking
  • Metroid Prime Pinball
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Kirby: Squeak Squad
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse (perfect tie-in to Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)
  • Kirby Mass Attack
  • Tomodachi Collection (first Western release)
(Online re-routed to Nintendo Network)
Nintendo 64 (Yes, it was confirmed there will eventually be some)

New games:
  • Donkey Kong 64 (with new E10+ rating)
  • Mischief Makers
  • Mario Party (with Control Stick mini games removed)
  • Mario Party 3
Cut games:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (because of Ocarina of Time 3D)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (because of Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Star Fox 64 (because of Star Fox 64 3D)
Any other games you think might come to Wii U Virtual Console?

Last edited:
I personally think that the pokemon games wont come to Virtual console wii u, because of all pokemon main series game has only come out on handheld devices since the Gameboy colour. I don not hope that they cut the n64 zelda titles, because I may not be getting MM 3D.

I don not hope that they cut the n64 zelda titles, because I may not be getting MM 3D.

Say whaaaaaaaaat? Rewatch the trailer. All of it.

Anyway, I don't think they're going to re-release the Zelda games for $/€/£9.99 when they already have them on 3DS for $/€/£39.99. That's just losing money.

Say whaaaaaaaaat? Rewatch the trailer. All of it.

Anyway, I don't think they're going to re-release the Zelda games for $/€/£9.99 when they already have them on 3DS for $/€/£39.99. That's just losing money.
It is not that I do not want majoras mask, it is because I am a little short on Money and I have to prioritise super smash bros fo wii u. I really hope that 3ds pedia is going to have a MM 3D giveaway, because that would be awesome! however, I agree With you on that they would be losing Money, but I hope they release them anyway :)

It is not that I do not want majoras mask, it is because I am a little short on Money and I have to prioritise super smash bros fo wii u. I really hope that 3ds pedia is going to have a MM 3D giveaway, because that would be awesome! however, I agree With you on that they would be losing Money, but I hope they release them anyway :)

Ah, I see. I hope they do one too! ;)

Donkey Kong 64 is out on the eShop! You were right!

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (because of Ocarina of Time 3D)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (because of Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Star Fox 64 (because of Star Fox 64 3D)

Eh, these aren't really enough of a reason for them not to release them on Wii U. Not everyone that owns a Wii U owns a 3DS, plus I'm sure many people prefer the original versions.

Well , I guess that some of your predictions were right , though this is an old thread :p but then again some games that you listed have no chance , specifically the pokemon games ( Rupy/Sapphire ) . It's always been on handhelds . Also , I would agree with Nanamine since Oot , MM and ST 64 are really old games and a rather large difference compared to the newer remakes in terms of the gameplay and the other things

Some of the predictions were actually made, such as Mother. Although I have never played a Mother game (please don't kill me) I think that getting an official translated game of Mother 3 will be great. I mean, we just got the first Mother game that is translated on the eshop, so I still wonder if Nintendo will do it.

Some of these games did eventually hit the Wii U eShop, which was bound to happen because of the size of this list lol.

Back