Mynintendo Japan is currently selling preorders of splatoon 2. BUT with no carttridge!

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
The Japanese my Nintendo site is currently selling preorders of splatoon 2 on their site but instead of the cartridge in the box it's a download code for the game. I've seen gamestop selling virtual console download codes for 3DS ,but this is kinda weird for me.
Source: https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/HAC_J_AAB6A.html

Last edited:
Well if you think about it , it makes sense for them to don't ship the game with a disk...Because disks are not used! :whistle:
sorry ;u;
I have seen places in Japan were you buy a code of the game and then use it on the eShop , perhaps that is usual on Japan these days. Let's just hope the game is not that big.

Well if you think about it , it makes sense for them to don't ship the game with a disk...Because disks are not used! :whistle:
sorry ;u;
I have seen places in Japan were you buy a code of the game and then use it on the eShop , perhaps that is usual on Japan these days. Let's just hope the game is not that big.
R.I.P I forgot the switch only took cartridges.

Makes sense to me. If they sold cartridges, people would be able to play it. If they sell codes, people can pay now, brag about it now, register their code now, but they can't play before the release date.

Reactions: Mikaya
The box is probably more to show off than anything else, and also since you get an actual receipt from the store (ik it isn't a store, just saying in general), I guess it gives proof that you bought it? Not that you can sell it though.

Even weirder still is they're selling the Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle in Japan... for £5... for just a printed box. Not even folded into shape either lol. :D

I think digital downloads are more preferred than physical cartridges, so I'm not surprised. There will be a time when discs and cartridges will not be compatible with systems. It just makes those who are hyped for the game more excited to have the download code, Although it's unusable. I guess it's much like a pre-ordered item that you have you in your possession before the actual release date. xD

I think this could be a strategy to keep feeding the hype there is about splatoon 2. Someone was saying that probably this is just to show off, and I think this is all about creating even more hype about the game. I have Heard that in Japan, some stores were selling a nintendo switch bundle box of splatoon. But the weird thing here is not that stores are selling this boxes, the weird thing here is that people are buying them!!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Back