MyNintendo Update Coming In Early March For Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The update will let you redeem gold points for select Nintendo Switch games from the eShop. I'm not sure if people in Europe will be able to get the same rewards since I found this from a Nintendo of America tweet.

DVhYrUhVoAAoxyE.jpg

It's about time the Nintendo Switch got some MyNintendo rewards :D

What games do you think might make the cut?

Reactions: Duffy
Finally I’ve been waiting lol in excited for this

Finally!! You know, every now and then I visited Mynintendo webpage, I checked the rewards section and when it came to nintendo switch rewars there was always that note "soon". Well, this is really good news and it makes sense, since March marks the first anniversary of nintendo switch. I wonder what games are we going to get!. I hope they offer us some good stuff, maybe some exclusive content!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/961555795950305280

Was announced on the Europe twitter too as I just spotted on my twitter timeline. I presume though EU/US will have different prizes to each other though just like the other rewards. But that's not an issue considering we don't have region lock anymore \o/

Reactions: Duffy and Marc
@SkyHuntress- NO REGION LOCK. Hah! About time! Now I finally have a use for my other account.

The update will let you redeem gold points for select Nintendo Switch games from the eShop. I'm not sure if people in Europe will be able to get the same rewards since I found this from a Nintendo of America tweet.

DVhYrUhVoAAoxyE.jpg

It's about time the Nintendo Switch got some MyNintendo rewards :D

What games do you think might make the cut?
I think there was a post on some French video gaming board about the way it would work. Like, buying a digital game would give you the equivalent of $2.50 (yeah, I think they said dollars. They'd better do the 1:1 ratios with all the regions or...), while game cards would net you $0.50 (because resale value I assume).

That said, I also wonder if there will be a few 'freebies' (think, that can be bought with Platinum Points) like the 3DS had (Zelda Picross for instance, or the themes) for the Switch. I'm kinda okay-ish with the Gold Point system (and again, with the Amazon.jp method, it's going to be pretty nice), but the people who buy physical game cards may not like it.

Back