Mario Maker Mystery Mushroom Glitch (3DS)

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
So there is a glitch in the 3DS version of Super Mario Maker that allows you to "place" the Mystery Mushroom, surprisingly it's extremely simple, but extremely simple to forget, so I'm posting it so all of you can remember! Now the effects of this glitch are quite disappointing, you just turn into small Mario that can take an extra hit and uses an unused crouch animation for small Mario. So to activate this glitch you must set the engine to the classic Super Mario Bros., place a weird mushroom inside a block (?, Brick or Music Block will do). Then switch the engine to Super Mario Bros. 3, normally if you were to hit the block it would pop out a leaf because the weird mushroom is exclusive to classic Super Mario Bros. engine but the slot for the weird mushroom in the Super Mario Bros. 3 engine is the leaf. But don't hit the block, instead run away until it's well off screen (just to be safe go to the goal, but don't touch the goal as it might mess up the glitch). Then go into edit mode and switch back to the classic Super Mario Bros. engine without moving Mario, head back to play mode and finally you can hit the block and out should come the Mystery Mushroom, pick it up and you become small Mario.

So there is a glitch in the 3DS version of Super Mario Maker that allows you to "place" the Mystery Mushroom, surprisingly it's extremely simple, but extremely simple to forget, so I'm posting it so all of you can remember! Now the effects of this glitch are quite disappointing, you just turn into small Mario that can take an extra hit and uses an unused crouch animation for small Mario. So to activate this glitch you must set the engine to the classic Super Mario Bros., place a weird mushroom inside a block (?, Brick or Music Block will do). Then switch the engine to Super Mario Bros. 3, normally if you were to hit the block it would pop out a leaf because the weird mushroom is exclusive to classic Super Mario Bros. engine but the slot for the weird mushroom in the Super Mario Bros. 3 engine is the leaf. But don't hit the block, instead run away until it's well off screen (just to be safe go to the goal, but don't touch the goal as it might mess up the glitch). Then go into edit mode and switch back to the classic Super Mario Bros. engine without moving Mario, head back to play mode and finally you can hit the block and out should come the Mystery Mushroom, pick it up and you become small Mario.

Lol weird but funny XD kinda reminds me of those glitch levels some guy had uploaded, there were places where (i think) you could get caught in walls but still go through them, there were pipes in weird places and sadly i dont remember much since ive been too busy an watched this idk how long ago, but i will be simple and honest an say that i was sitting there think what the heck nearly the entire length of the video. It was actually so weird i thought it was funny, i think the guys name who kept uploading these glitch levels was mathias something (i don't think thats right but i did my best sorry), not sure how long ago the guy was doing it but nobody upload those kinda levels, i hear you can get kicked/erased for that so its pretty risky >~<

Back