Support Needed N3DS won't turn on after milk spill

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
My friend's N3DS got milk spilt all over it today, it was quite the saddening thing to see. After cleaning off everything he tried turning it on and it just doesn't seem to do it. We pressed the power button as hard as we could but all to no avail. Is there any way to fix this, or is it just gone for good? And if it is gone for good, is there a way he can transfer the stuff he downloaded on there to another 3DS or is that hope gone as well?

As long as it didn't damage the SD card or main memory unit, should be good. Sadly, if there was any liquid damage he might have to send it to Nintendo, where they will notify him :/

As long as it didn't damage the SD card or main memory unit, should be good. Sadly, if there was any liquid damage he might have to send it to Nintendo, where they will notify him :/
Um. Yea. The milk just went into almost any nook and cranny it could find, and he had is SD card slot popped open by accident >.>

Um. Yea. The milk just went into almost any nook and cranny it could find, and he had is SD card slot popped open by accident >.>
I would take the SD Card out of the 3ds and try it on a computer to see if it is working still other than that I would say send it to nintendo if it wont even turn on then it is something that you most likely cant fix :(

My friend dropped her cell phone in the toilet once. It's not exactly the same, but maybe the method I'll describe could help.

First remove the SD card, game card and battery. (You'll need a #00 screwdriver to remove the battery.)
Second close everything back up (but without the battery and SD card) to keep the rice out.
Third wrap the system in cheese cloth or a burlap like material (loose weave fabric)
Fourth put the system wrapped in the cloth in a baggie full of uncooked dry rice

Make sure the fabric or cloth is loose weave and small enough the keep rice out of the ports or openings on the 3ds. Even in a pinch I think a paper towel could work. Seal the bag and wait a 2-3 days before removing and discard the rice. If the system is absolutely soaked maybe change the rice after a day or so.

I make no promises that this will work. A repair my be still necessary regardless, if the repair is needed it would be best not to open the 3ds any more than getting out the battery.

I would suggest trying to dry out most components of the N3DS, a lot of liquid may still be inside.

May be a little late but still, sounds like there is liquid damage. It's definitely a hardware issue. Has he tried putting the SD card in his computer? If it works, if your friend cares about the pictures/videos on the SD card he can grab them out. Otherwise. you can try the rice method above or you can send it to Nintendo.

It must be very much painful for your friend :cry:

Anyways, once i also spill water on nintedo and aftwr that it eventually did not respond for while than i kept it my 3ds under sun rays and few hours later i tried again and lucky it worked still advice your friend to send it to nintedo care.

My friend's N3DS got milk spilt all over it today, it was quite the saddening thing to see. After cleaning off everything he tried turning it on and it just doesn't seem to do it. We pressed the power button as hard as we could but all to no avail. Is there any way to fix this, or is it just gone for good? And if it is gone for good, is there a way he can transfer the stuff he downloaded on there to another 3DS or is that hope gone as well?
It Is like they said, the SD card isnthe most important thing. If that got wrt, you will lose ALL data that was on it, except for the hard copies of gamed you have. If you ever bought anything, it is all gone.Any games or apps downloaded will be gone forever as well. If that SD card is ruined, it will hardly matter if the system is still operational. Your friend shoulda been more careful...

Shoot!!! you should clean it with some water and a paper towel or cloth so it won't get so sticky and nasty and after you clean it you should put it on some rice so it can dry I did this one time when my iPhone 5 got wet and damaged and at the time I was so scared is I was rushing on youtube finding out how to save my phone from getting damaged and I found this remedy to keep your N3dsxl from getting damaged hopefully it's all better now.

Back