New game recommandation

• Thread starter Emolganic
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emolganic

Hello

I mainly enjoy playing 2D/Linear based games such as classic marios and new super mario bros. Are there games with that style for 3DS besides Mario? Megaman series is down sadly and I can't find other options. Help me!

Thanks

Shovel Knight is a highly acclaimed platformer (my personal favourite) that's on the Nintendo eShop, you might want to have a look at that, especially with some free DLC in the works.

Alternatively, you could try your hand at Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, it's a much harder platformer than Mario ones, but it's still a solid platformer that I'm sure you'll enjoy too.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: faustine and 18
I second Shovel Knight's recommendation. Also, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. It's excellent; however, you need to do some backtracking in it, especially to get the true ending. You said you enjoy linear platformers more, so you might not appreciate backtracking, but you should still give it a look. It's my favourite 3DS platformer, so, yeah :panda:

Reactions: faustine
I LOVE 2D platformer games too! My favorites are:

- Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Azure Striker Gunvolt
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Gunman Clive
- Shinobi
- Sonic Generations

There are many cheap 2D games on the eShop ;)

Reactions: Mikaya and 18
Shovel Knight is exactly what I was looking for!! If it had better graphics it would have been better but still I am happy with it as is.

I never played a donkey kong game before. I woukd justify that as having terrible gaming systems when they came out where I am. I didn't even know there was a game named as SNES. The successor for NES as I thought was the Sega Genesis! Later on I figured how missed up was my thoughts.

Anyways, Castlevania actually has been my vaforite series of all times. Sadly they stopped making the 2D games (which was the best of the series for me). I hated Lord of shadows as it was 3D based.

Did any of you play cave story?

Reactions: 18
Did any of you play cave story?
Yep. I love Cave Story. I didn't recommend it because it isn't very linear.

Try this bro!!!!!

Try this bro!!!!!

This is not my type at all. I am not a sports fan in any sort. My taste for games in general is basic.

Try Donkey kong Returns 3d instead:D

I suppose if you're not in to sports games of any sort, then you won't be interested in Mario Kart 8. If you really only like linear based games, your options are limited to Mario and Sonic games, with a few other platformers/linears as mentioned above. You should really try out at least one other genre of sorts. Maybe Pokemon. It's somewhat linear. :cat:

I suppose if you're not in to sports games of any sort, then you won't be interested in Mario Kart 8. If you really only like linear based games, your options are limited to Mario and Sonic games, with a few other platformers/linears as mentioned above. You should really try out at least one other genre of sorts. Maybe Pokemon. It's somewhat linear. :cat:

Well, there is a special case for anything. I do play Mario Kart. Sonic and Mario are good examples of the linearity I like. I played some other games with back tracking such as Crash Bandicoot. In my opinion it is a linear game. Pokemon is a special case. I played some of its spin offs such as ranger.

Shovel Knight, Mario Vs DK Tipping Stars and SSB4

Yup Shovel Knight is a very fun yet cool game and platformer games that many people love and it is fun to play many times so that is a great choice . Donkey Kong : Country Returns 3d is also a nice choice which provides amazing gameplay and graphics . I didn't exactly play Cave Story but I heard that it is a very good game and after seeing some gameplay videos It looks very very addicting . Try them ;)

I would say go with pokemon since you will definitely enjoy it,my guess go for the newest game ORAS (Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire) since it will give you and experience like never before plus the story line is pretty good and even after you beat the game you still have things to do and complete and re challenge.

But.. Shovel Knight's charm is its 8-bit graphics. :eek:

But.. Shovel Knight's charm is its 8-bit graphics. :eek:

I do not mind that although a 2.5D these days would be nice

Reactions: 18
if you want 2.5D-ish platformers, Cave Story 3D is a very good one. I personally prefer the old version's pixel style but besides the difference in graphics, they are basically the same game.

I'll add one more vote for Donkey Kong, if you don't mind a difficult game.

Haha @SunnyWindy you're being kind when you say "difficult", DK made me punch the wall with anger many times, and I don't even got to the last/secret stage D:

Pokemon Yellow Remake. I was a big fan of Pokemon Yellow and I still am. It would be awesome if Nintendo released a Pokemon Yellow Remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back