Nintendo audience direction with Nintendo switch

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well, Nintendo is taking a new approach with their console called the Nintendo Switch. For starters, Nintendo is aiming the console at the gamer audience instead of little kids because I saw no little kids in any Nintendo switch trailers. Plus if you are mad then maybe that the kids who own a Nintendo's 3ds will shift their attention to the switch. So do you thnk that Nintendo is aiming for the right audience?

I think Nintendo is realising that their community is hugely a broader gaming audience than just kids specifically! So to stay relevant and maximise sales they thought why not broaden our audience. Look how much it worked too. I pre-ordered and am waiting for MK8 deluxe in April, yet I pre-ordered. Ah well, can't be helped. Regardless, broadening audience helps any company financially, especially with gamers and video games, heh.

Well, Nintendo is taking a new approach with their console called the Nintendo Switch. For starters, Nintendo is aiming the console at the gamer audience instead of little kids

You were saying?

Reactions: Moon Rain and spagooti
Does anyone else wonder why Bowser's screensaver is Princess Peach posing quite... shall we say intimately?

Reactions: 18
because bowser likes peach

or something else

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Honour, no further objections!

thank you

Wait- OBJECTION! That is inappropriate for the courtroom!

i know but it may be true

we have to consider everything

Last edited by a moderator:
\i stand corrected
Also, what game did you see so far that was explicitly not for kids? The 3DS seemed more of a mature console with how much they promoted the Resident Evil games.

Does anyone else wonder why Bowser's screensaver is Princess Peach posing quite... shall we say intimately?
Bowser is a sick perv is why.
At least us other pervs have the decency to only have screensavers of people we don't personally know.

Also, what game did you see so far that was explicitly not for kids? The 3DS seemed more of a mature console with how much they promoted the Resident Evil games.

Bowser is a sick perv is why.
At least us other pervs have the decency to only have screensavers of people we don't personally know.
OBJECTION! Your Honour, I object to the witness using the word "us" in his testimony. I will not allow him to degrade the court like this!

Uh, they aren't targeting anyone different. Still having an "Everyone" approach.

The Switch trailers and commercials are targeted at more mature audiences - but the rest remains the same, lol.

Uh, they aren't targeting anyone different. Still having an "Everyone" approach.

The Switch trailers and commercials are targeted at more mature audiences - but the rest remains the same, lol.

Specifically, if you look a the game trailers as well as the Switch. It seems that Nintendo is grasping all over the board for as large an audience as possible. Not that I blame them after the Wii U tank. Even with targets, their audience remains huge thanks to the idea of parental controls. Although I have many thoughts on that in itself, but that's another topic. I just really hope that the Switch has as much success as every hopes for.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I'd say they're aiming for a broader audience. We know that Nintendo has been trying to reach more hardcore gamers for a while, but that doesn't mean they'll drop their kiddie audience. So a bit of both it is.

I think nintendo is aiming for a wide audience. It is taking into account the core player, giving them a game such as the legend of zelda but it is also aiming at the casual gamer, with games such as mario kart 8 and fast Racing RMX or even snipperclips. There are also games for kids, I think bomber man R is a great title for the Little nintendo lovers (i know it is also a game I want to play). I think nintendo wants to deliver games for a huge number of gamers.

Reactions: PersonSP
I think nintendo is aiming for a wide audience. It is taking into account the core player, giving them a game such as the legend of zelda but it is also aiming at the casual gamer, with games such as mario kart 8 and fast Racing RMX or even snipperclips. There are also games for kids, I think bomber man R is a great title for the Little nintendo lovers (i know it is also a game I want to play). I think nintendo wants to deliver games for a huge number of gamers.
Exactly. They can't survive of kids alone.

I do not mean they eat kids.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Back