Nintendo Badge Arcade's impressions

• Thread starter Alegria
  • Start date

How did you like the Badge Arcade?

• I liked it, I was there almost everyday!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It's somewhat nice to custom one's screen, I've caught a handful of badges.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • I tried and quickly gave up. Not my thing.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Badge Arcade? What is that?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I tried and didn't like it at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alegria

Alegria

Alegria ♪ Caca0ch0c0lat
Towns Folk
I just saw this morning the anouncement: the 23rd will be the the last time there will be an update, it means there will be no more new badges, the rabbit won't have any new speech and users's publications won't be selected and shown anymore. But it's still possible to finish one's collection.

What do you think about that?

I considered the rabbit was too talkactive, and at that time I really couldn't last a lot of time on internet. I used to connect only once per week. and later I could connect more and thus come everyday. I liked the play on words and I was expecting some badges I'll never see... that makes me sad, the center will loose all its spirit...

Badge collecter was ok for me. Though it's mainly just a quick money grab. Though spending money in badge collector every few months can be worth it when you see a series of badges you really want to get. Heck now my entire 3DS homescreen is splatoon themed.
HNI_0076.JPG HNI_0078.JPG
Also I absolutely love the ability to attach badges to the front of a folder because it adds more uniqueness to them.

Reactions: Gamer4647 and Alegria
I think Badge Arcade is quite neat, considering that I can get several badges that I wanted while I'm at it, like a couple of Victini badges and some Splatoon and Kirby sets among others. Badge Arcade Bunny was talkative at best, and it can deliver some nice and hilarious lines depending on the event, which adds more charm to the game.

right. I never paid anything actually... when I didn't have time I used to think "shut up already!". But since I could come everyday I was looking forward to reading the friday funny speech... what makes me really sad is that instead of pikel Pokémon I was expecting human characters, item, berries, balls, gym badges, rare items... but there were already too many Pokémon badges with twice the Pokédex, every form and mega...

I have a random menagerie of badges I happened to earn from that place (whether I wanted them or not. :/).

I stopped playing long ago, actually; it's rather disheartening when the only badges you actually want require like, five plays for you to even have a fighting chance at nabbing it, and you're strapped for cash and clueless about credit cards and the like still. ;w;

His speech stuff was kinda funny sometimes; especially when he put on that mustache and pretended to be his boss. X3

Reactions: Alegria
I used to play it a lot now I play occasionally. I have so many badges that I have to swap data in the application to use newly caught badges And I didn't even pay. Jup I'm a pro. :cool: Jk, that might be true, but I was honestly glad that they were going to stop updating because it will be a looong time before I catch collect 'em all.

I enjoyed it a lot as a casual game but the loading time was endless, even with a very good internet connection. That was a bit of a killer since a casual game is suppose to be pick up and play. Not pick up, go make a cup of tea and bake some cookies to go with your tea then play. Other than that, I love the fact that you can customize your homescreen. Also great were our rabbit host and the pixel collection badges. I really love those.

I got bored after a week of playing it. It's a nice little pick-up-and-play-game, but all you get are badges to decorate your 3DS' home screen, so I guess the fun kinda ends after that. The bunny was pretty annoying and wasn't funny at all. The wide selection of badges is nice but it's pretty tough to complete sets. Not that surprised that the updates/introduction of new badges will discontinue.

I got bored after a week of playing it. It's a nice little pick-up-and-play-game, but all you get are badges to decorate your 3DS' home screen, so I guess the fun kinda ends after that. The bunny was pretty annoying and wasn't funny at all. The wide selection of badges is nice but it's pretty tough to complete sets. Not that surprised that the updates/introduction of new badges will discontinue.
you can use some badges in the Swapdoodle (Pictoposte) game.

Concerning the super-long loading, I agree, that's why I couldn't enjoy at all the speech when I couldn't stay online! I was "come on! the loading already waisted a lot of my time, let me play and shut your mouth already!"

Well from now on- no more bunny. :D (...but I actually liked him...)

Believe or not, I used to come in every day to the Badge Arcade! Until the halfway point of 2016 anyway; the thing would often just fill in way too much of my SD's card memory space thanks to the weekly updates, and with that, it felt more like I was bringing more and more elephant cargos to a zoo, while having to let go of a couple of others for the sake of more badges. They were neat to collect, but as the collections got more and more in common, they also got more frustrating to actually catch, so by then, I've put the breaks on playing it as of now. :panda:

I quite enjoyed this at first, played it everyday. Was reluctant to pay for it though I did pay for a couple of goes, as I thought the Zelda theme would be good, so thought it would be like buying a theme from the theme shop. I later bought one of the main Zelda themes and they are so much better. I don't play it so much now, but I do like the badges on the home screen. The 90p a go put me off paying, I think if it was 30p for 5 goes I probably would have put loads of money into it... So annoying to use all free plays and leave the one badge that I was trying to get behind :(

That's cool one thing I like about Nintendo Arcade Badge is that you can get 1 try to get badges everyday and sometimes when you train with the practice badges you can get quite a lot of badges and you can save them to your 3ds and when you have enough room you can customize your 3ds and you can put them anywhere that is available and sometimes some badges comes with 3 parts that it requires you to leave some extra space also the bunny is really funny and he's nice I really like the guys attitude also most of the good badges are hard to get it was really hard to some Pokémon badges last time I had the app.

I personally liked the bunny, it reminded me of a webcrawler I used to have on my old desktop. Although I did manage to make quite an awesome home screen with mariokart badges and Mario blocks which gives quite a scene. This was one of the greatest ideas Nintendo ever had and I do agree that they need a break due to excessive amounts of badges.

Since the end of the updates, I got more and more badges... I really think they should either
-allow more than 1000 badges for the user
-allow to take badges individually instead of the whole collection when you organize your box
-allow people to 'destroy'/trade the badges they don't want and the ones you have several times

cause there are some collections where I like some, but don't care about other badges.

Reactions: GamerDudeXXX
It was ok while it lasted but it was just to bad you couldn't do much more with the Badges . In away I just really saw it as them trying to get more money cause you couldn't really get most of the good stuff less you paid some money to have chances at it any ways. It was a good idea but needed a little be more thought to it to be honest . The Badges were cute at times but there wasn't much in choices.

Back