Nintendo gearing towards older players? :o

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date

Is Nintendo gearing towards a more older audience?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey everyone! P2.0 here with another topic about Nintendo. Not about the games this time, but Nintendo itself. \o/ Today I wanna talk about where it's aiming at today, rather than its overall aim.

As we all know, Nintendo is geared more towards children, what with its lighthearted music, memorable characters, funny themes, it seems like the perfect company, right? Like, I totally agree! :D
But let's fast-forward a little bit into the future. The games we all knew from our childhood changed a little overtime. And, as most people noticed, some things were geared to a more mature audience. An example like Bayonetta. :p Or even some of the Fire Emblem games.
Now I could be wrong, but maybe Nintendo is sorta tired of "babysitting" the kids of this generation, y'know? I mean, kids are are more so playing games meant for adults, and the adults are playing games for little kids, lol. :hilarious:
So maybe, just maybe, with the themes we see today, is Nintendo sorta "growing up"? Like, the veteran players didn't complain about characters being " too OP", or games being "too hard" when they played, they just powered on through until they won. ( Like my dad did with Metroid. \o/ )
And Nintendo didn't have to worry about people telling them to "nerf"the difficulty. In fact, the harder the game was, the more people back then liked it, and the more they loved bragging to their friends about the incredible accomplishment they managed to do, lol.

So what do you guys think? Do you think Nintendo is making games for the older players because they complain less? Or you think it's just a coincidence?

I actually think that a lot of the cultural walls between "young" and "old" in terms of entertainment have collapsed since the internet got into full swing. You see that in the gaming world too--adults do enjoy titles "for kids" and vice versa.

I think Nintendo makes their games hard enough for the old crowd but puts in so much content that even the younger audience can at least accomplish things. In Kid Icarus Uprising, for example, I got so many Streetpasses from kids who got low percentages of completion. imo I think Kid Icarus Uprising is a good example of a game you expect kids to like with it's commentary and story and such but makes it brutal for anyone to get in depth with it.

The difficulty is just hard or optional so the game lasts longer/has more replay value and people get their moneys worth. Not really because they complain less. Also no one really should complain because you just look like a wimp who doesn't know how to press buttons in the correct order.

Reactions: P2.0
Back