Nintendo is ending SplatNet for Splatoon

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I didn't even know SplatNet was available for the original Splatoon, but Nintendo is going to end the service next month. Not knowing it was a thing, I surely wouldn't miss it.

For those who want a solid date, the service will end on September 30th, 2017.

Source: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/164769613159/notice-the-splatnet-service-for-the-splatoon

Of course, this does not mean online battles for the game will end too. I wouldn't have been too happy about that if it happened, especially since I started playing Splatoon earlier this month.

Do you think it was too soon for Nintendo to call it quits with the SplatNet service for Splatoon (original)?

I'm kinda sad that the original splatnet is coming to an end because I find it very useful for knowing what the rank modes are before hand when wanting to play splatoon. Though It makes since because splatnet 2 has barely been released for splatoon 2 so they're trying to focus on updating the most recent site than the old site. Though I don't want it to die yet.

I knew about SplatNet for a while now - It's a handy little tool which I did take advantage of when it was available. I used to copy my in-game-name for my Discord (symbols are a pain to find) which was useful. Getting updates and checking out leaderboards for the modes was nice to have. It was bound to happen, the closure - Most players have already moved onto the sequel, thus the work, on SplatNet2 begins (I think they're working on it, let's hope so!). I don't think it was too soon to remove the service.

Back