Nintendo is getting its own cereal (rumor)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Eh, I don't know what to say about this... I'm kind of surprised this wasn't a thing before.

Nintendo is partnering with Kellogg’s to bring us a new Super Mario cereal. It's supposed to have colored question mark box marshmallows, red mushroom marshmallows and 1-up mushroom marshmallows.

You can see what the box looks like below thanks to Cerealously :

wtey5tg.jpg

I'm not sure how but apparently the cereal box can also be used as an amiibo :panda:

Source: http://www.cerealously.net/rumor-mill-kelloggs-super-mario-cereal/

What do you think?

This pretty cool! I agree with what you said, I'm surprised this wasn't a thing before! But I believe that the cereal is kinda similar to Lucky Charms or something like it? Anyways besides the possible similar comparison, I think this would be a great cereal for kids and especially gamers!
As for the Box being an Amiibo...maybe it's one of them things you cut out of the box?

EDIT: Also isn't it kinda weird Nintendo keeps advertising Mario? I mean here's a rumor for cereal about him and there's also supposed to be an animated Mario movie that will be created by Illumination Entertainment.

Adding a box of cereal to a Nintendo collection?

Interesting...

It's been so long since they made a Mario Cereal. I'm hoping for one in this day and age

Reactions: Dark Link
I'm surprised this didn't happen before, especially since there have been other Super Mario foods or snacks. I'm more curious about how the cereal box is an amiibo. How does it work? will they really put NFC technology in every cereal box? Will they all be like $15 because they are amiibo? What exactly will it do?

Pretty sure they have done super mario cereal in the past, and I don’t know why they’d bring it back. The box including an Amiibo could be cool though!

After doing 10 mins of research it appears I was thinking of Pokémon. Disregard previous post.

As for the Box being an Amiibo...maybe it's one of them things you cut out of the box?
I'm more curious about how the cereal box is an amiibo. How does it work? will they really put NFC technology in every cereal box? Will they all be like $15 because they are amiibo? What exactly will it do?
From what I've been reading up about it, it's supposed to be a sticker.

Ho would a sticker work as an amiibo?

How would a sticker work as an amiibo?
The sticker could have an nfc tag in it. Essentially the part you’d be getting in the sticker is the part that’s is in the base of a regular Amiibo figure.

The fact that it's Super Mario Odyssey themed makes me think the box is edited.

Why? That the most relevant mario game right now.

theres amiibo cards so thats probably what theyll do

Eh, I don't know what to say about this... I'm kind of surprised this wasn't a thing before.

Nintendo is partnering with Kellogg’s to bring us a new Super Mario cereal. It's supposed to have colored question mark box marshmallows, red mushroom marshmallows and 1-up mushroom marshmallows.

wtey5tg.jpg

I'm not sure how but apparently the cereal box can also be used as an amiibo :panda:

What do you think?
From what I've been reading up about it, it's supposed to be a sticker.
I'm not sure if this helps, but it is pretty interesting.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Marc
If it only works in Super Mario Odyssey, then it's useless to me. I don't have the game :(

wtey5tg.jpg

What do you think?

"We can cerealously confirm that Kellogg’s Super Mario Cereal will be hitting store shelves on Dec. 11th!"
The information for the new cereal can be found here!

i want the cereal box, but my mom only buys cereal in bags :(

If it only works in Super Mario Odyssey, then it's useless to me. I don't have the game :(
I'm guessing this is probably part of a marketing scheme to help sell more copies of Odyssey

Tbh the only part I'm interested about on this cereal is the NFC compatibility and even then I don't even own the game so how am I suppose to use it? I'm sorry but I'd rather get the Lucky Charms with dem Pokémon cards.

Tbh the only part I'm interested about on this cereal is the NFC compatibility and even then I don't even own the game so how am I suppose to use it? I'm sorry but I'd rather get the Lucky Charms with dem Pokémon cards.
I think it works in Miitopia, probably unlocks the Mario costume

Back