Nintendo reportedly takes final orders on Wii U

• Thread starter Blue Knight
  • Start date
:( it was such a good console

It was a good console with lots of great games. It will be missed. To bad people didn't realize how great it actually was. (And some, like some people I know personally, didn't even know it was a new console and not a Wii add-on.)

From the criticism it has gotten for being different I hope this doesn't affect the future of Nintendo's business decisions. The problem wasn't really the games or the system but the competition and the misconceptions in the media and marketing. I'm sure its games are going to be really popular one day and home consoles seem to be the niche. I'm thinking the handheld market is where Nintendo excels the most but that is fairly subjective as there are plenty of factors in this I don't feel like mentioning. This news is potentially going to be great for sales because it can become a unique investment for people, but it can hinder it because people will probably just wait for them to go on clearance if their cheap enough. I know the supply is there. Just not the demand.

I felt like the Wii U's short run is what caused many games to relese updates to later games for only a year such as super smash bros and splatoon which is really sad since both are really good and fun games. Even though super smash bros had it's end coming I feel like splatoon ended too soon especially for it's first game in the series that had came out barely a year ago. I know that they ha dto stop splatfests because of the Nintendo switch ,but couldn't they keep splatfest going til January 2017. I felt like they ended it too soon and Nintendo missed many spatfest opportunities such as having a first anniversary splatfest. Their anniversary was on a weekend so they had perfect opportunity. Despite that splatoon ended too soon and without splatfests to keep hype going splatoon became boring and dull do to repetition and nothing was simply new.

Back