Nintendo Switch doesn't charge joy cons when docked when turned off or in sleep mode

• Thread starter MysticSniper
  • Start date
MysticSniper

MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
My switch doesn't charge the joy cons when docked if it's turned off or in sleep mode. This seems like a very big design flaw if more people have this problem.

How do you know, do the joycons have a charging light? From what I've heard, the battery life on them is so long it doesn't even matter anyways.

How do you know, do the joycons have a charging light? From what I've heard, the battery life on them is so long it doesn't even matter anyways.
Because when I put them on it to charge overnight, they had the same charge level the next day as what they were the night before. One was nearly dead, so it was easy to tell.

My switch doesn't charge the joy cons when docked if it's turned off or in sleep mode. This seems like a very big design flaw if more people have this problem.
I haven't had this issue if I were you I would contact Nintendo about this and see if they can fix it

Well, now that you mentioned it, my joy cons don´t charge when I am using them in Tablet mode. Actually, I think the only way I have seen my joycons charging is when I charge my nintendo switch directly, not docked. I don´t remember seeing them charge while I play on handheld mode.

the joycons wont charge at all in handheld or in sleep mode if they are over 60% charged (unless you have the charge cord plugged in) , once they get below that, then they will start charging. also, the joycons wont charge at all when the system is fully turned off, which kinda makes sense.

Back