Games:
Super Mario Odyssey: 9.07 million
Mario Kart 8 deluxe: 7.33 million
Breath of the Wild: 6.7 million
Splatoon 2: 4.91 million
1-2 Switch: 1.88 million?!
Xenoblade 2: 1.06 million

Things to consider:
Mario odyssey sold almost ten milllion copies despite being out for 2 months.

Mario Kart 8 DX sold almost as much as the original Wii U version despite being a port.

Breath of the Wild Switch ver. sales were probably affected by the Wii U version.

1-2 Switch SOMEHOW OUTSOLD XENOBLADE 2.

Xenoblade 2 also sold decently well despite being out for one month and looking like a generic JRPG

These are simply the First Party releases; I don't really know how the indies did, although i heard that Stardew Valley is VERY popular on the japanese Eshop.

EDIT: The most amazing thing about this is that it outsold the Wii U already.

Thoughts?

Great! that's my thought on the matter...

1-2-Switch probably only outsold xenoblade because it's been out longer. Either that or xenoblade looks to complicated for the casual audience and 1-2-Switch is completely the game that audience would like. I wonder how well Mario and Rabbids sold...?

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
1-2-Switch probably only outsold xenoblade because it's been out longer. Either that or xenoblade looks to complicated for the casual audience and 1-2-Switch is completely the game that audience would like. I wonder how well Mario and Rabbids sold...?

Mario & Rabbids gained quite a lot of Negative attention at it's announcement - until people played it and realised that it was actually fun. But these games were the ones that punctured the one million mark.

EDIT: To conclude, M&R probably didn't sell over 1,000,000

Reactions: Marc
I am not surprised by these statistics. The Wii U was just not what people wanted. Though I actually kinda enjoyed it. Plus, Smash Bros was on there and that made it way better.

The Switch had much more hype than the Wii U ever did.

But these games were the ones that punctured the one million mark.

EDIT: To conclude, M&R probably didn't sell over 1,000,000

I'm not sure where you got that from. Nintendo never mentioned anything about these games being the only ones over 1 mil, in fact vgchartz reports M&R sold .99 mil (through dec 2nd). vgchartz is usually low on their sales figures because they only include retail sales (I think...), and not downloads. I'd like to believe it sold over a million but maybe not, Nintendo just didn't talk about here...

Back