Nintendo Switch: What everyone thought the Wii U was going to do?

• Thread starter Brick1309
  • Start date

Should it have been call the NX or the Switch

• NX

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Switch

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Brick1309

Brick1309

The Nintendo Nerd
Towns Folk
Judging by the reveal trailer it looks like a Wii U but what it everybody that the game pad was going to do actually is going to happen.Now most people thought the gamepad was going to be able to be brought at any place so you can chill somewhere and play Mario or something like that.
The switch looks like that is it purpose bringing a hybrid of a home/handheld console considering thats what the trailer mostly showed:banghead:.This is what I personally think about the Switch what about you guys?

I think you never quite got what the nintendo wii u was at all. What you mean is exactly what handheld systems like the 3ds is meat for. The wii u was from the beginning a home console, so no need to get the pad around. IF you wanna do that, you would get a 3ds. I think this is why most people never dared to get a wii u, they never understood the concept behind it.

The Wii U did look like it would have potential, since the Gamepad had a display and dedicated speakers. Still, the resolution of the Gamepad wasn't that good and highly unportable.

The Switch, however, has an HD screen plus with detachable controllers, it is made a LOT more portable.

I think that the Switch is the ultimate realization of what Nintendo was trying to do with the WiiU, but was unable to due to the hardware limitations at the time. I have always found the concept of a home console that was also portable to be the best solution for Nintendo, and I am glad to see that they finally executed the idea and am quite happy with the result.

Back