• Go with the Joy (con)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Trow a coin for me (random)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
For those that doesn't know me, my name is Eric. Most of you may recognize me for being the top poster despite of being inactive since around 2014 :panda:

To make it short, I was part of the staff long time ago and the creator of the current logo of the site. Now that the site is getting a new name, it is time to update it right?

Well, here it is:
DDR0tFS.png

PrC5uys.png

The idea for this thread is to make a discussion: what changes do you want on it.
As I don't see a lot of enthusiasm I decided to limit myself to the logo's design for now.

Last edited:
Cringy...

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I'm so sorry I mean yes I am very impressed with your effort and it looks great BUT the name itself is very cringy,childish even

I'm so sorry I mean yes I am very impressed with your effort and it looks great BUT the name itself is very cringy,childish even

Oh. The name was decided by the community, but it isn't that bad imo

It fits more to the friendly category rather being childish

Reactions: Livada
I know,and it's err... alright I suppose

True true..

The discussion isn't about the name change anymore guys, the majority has spoken.

It's now about the logo.

Thanks!

I really like the new logo
-For one, its recognizable by the people of the website already
- And two, its very inviting to new people
Also, I know this isn't about the name, but I feel like a lot more people will recognize the "Ninten" more than "3ds"
Also...again, I don't know what those, sort of, tick marks, (?) on either side are, but I feel like keeping them, keeps that sort of tone of the original... but then again, I would probably be happy with anything.
Not to say this isn't good... because it it good, I like it, its fresh Mmm!
I do have 1 question, why is the "Nin" and the "ten" different colors, Im not telling you to change it, I just want to know.

Could you at least pick one font color and go with it?
I for one did not vote yay on the name, I can live with this weird change. But if it doesn't at least look mature Imma have an issue with it. :/

@BAAD317

I will be happy to reply.
- The things in the sides are from the amiibo logo (also used in the New Nintendo 3DS logo). It was a reference to a new 3DS, new logo thing.

New_Nintendo_3DS_XL_Logo.png Amiibo_Logo.png

- The colors are a direct reference to the current logo. Of course the colors were changed.
n3ds-logo.png New Logo S.png

You are showing a terrible behavior, you now.
@BAAD317 You did nothing wrong.

Could you at least pick one font color and go with it?
I for one did not vote yay on the name, I can live with this weird change. But if it doesn't at least look mature Imma have an issue with it. :/

That is the idea for the discussion. If it helps I will change the font to look more closer to the original logo.
I have the font used for the eShop logo too for example: (used similar one by accident, pressed up >.>)
Variation 1 (Mobile).png

dea9fe8c-3bd7-4da9-9a49-9a9cff266243
xLvtjLk.png

Reactions: Livada
Consider this as a first step @MindzEye @brooky
Variation 2 (Mobile).png
The font is from the Switch logo (I had to replicate it for a video feature I did, however since it is for another size I won't share it)

It is less... childish looking. Not sure about going with just one color for the text though, as it would look boring:
Variation 2.5 (Mobile).png

Consider this as a first step @MindzEye @brooky
View attachment 16303
The font is from the Switch logo (I had to replicate it for a video feature I did, however since it is for another size I won't share it)

It is less... childish looking. Not sure about going with just one color for the text though, as it would look boring:
View attachment 16304
Dude, the font itself was fine before you changed it. change it back or to something as slim and querky as the one before.
These subtle things matter, man.
FTR, the all-black one is the general idea.

Ok, definitely something similar, but one that pronounces the N a little more than as just a roadsign tunnel indication.

Dude, the font itself was fine before you changed it. change it back or to something as slim and querky as the one before.
These subtle things matter, man.
FTR, the all-black one is the general idea.

Don't worry, I'm doing different files to show different options. If I show something different, the original will still be saved :p
New Logo Black (Mobile).png

Reactions: Tri-force64
Hmmmm... Now that I think of it, could you shrink the letters down a little, and maybe make it a touch thinner? Just a touch is all.
And just puttin' it out there, if you have variations of the big 'N', I'd like to see those too.

Cleaned the topic.

Guys, be constructive and on topic please.

Heh, none of my posts were 'cleaned'. ^~^

Annnnnnyway, I kinda think you could get a bit more 'pow' if the letters were lower than the dragon slightly - rather than, as it's been in its past, centered on the dragon.

Because you were constructive ><

My message was aimed towards people arguing and visibly trying to start a fight

Reactions: MindzEye
If @Marc doesn't mind, I will set February 15th as the date limit.

Back