No Longer Connecting To The Internet

• Thread starter Danek
  • Start date
Danek

Danek

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
So super sad day. My Wii U just randomly stopped connecting to wifi. No matter different kinds, just won't connect. If it does connect, the internet is super slow and then it stops working again. I found a "solution" online by typing in everything manually like the ip and the gateway and all that and it fixed people's issue online but it only worked a little bit and then stopped again. I'm trying to find other fixes otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to have it repaired. I've had it for.. maybe a year..?

-Danek

Have you tried unplugging your modem and plugging it back in?

What is your Internet speed? Try a speed test to confirm you're getting the correct speed and if you're not, call your ISP to have the issue resolved. You may also want to try playing a game when you're the only person on the WiFi network.

After, try deleting your WiFi settings and setting up a new one.

It's not the modem because everything else is working. I'll even try and have my Wii U connect to my hotspot or another network and it won't. Just the unable to connect error. I've deleted and re added the connection countless times. I feel like I'm going to have to call Nintendo. I can't only imagine how much they want to charge. :/

-Danek

Try checking your router if wires are plugged in correctly. I've have problems of my laptop not connecting to the internet because of situations such as wires being missed placed.

Back