Orlando Shooting ;~;

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
There was a shooting some days at Orlando, FL in a nightclub. Shootings are pretty normal in some places, but this one was crazy. The shooter called 911 and pledged alliance to ISIS. and.. 39 people died, 53 were injured :(

According to CNN, it's the worst terror attack since 9/11. You guys can read more here.

My heart goes out to the families who've lost a loved one, and the people involved ;~; When I read about this, it made me so sad ;~;

...Thoughts?

Yeah, that sucks. I think it was a shooting that targeted LGBTQ people in the nightclub and just the day before, we had Christina Grimmie pass away from a shooting in Orlando.

Can't believe that this is happening, but America needs to rethink it's gun laws (regardless of whether this guy could've gotten a gun by being a terrorist and having those links, but I think I read that they found out that he actually had no ties to ISIS), it's shocking to me that they can let just about anyone have a gun there, in the UK we get on just fine with only the police having the guns. And before anyone says that guns don't kill people and that people do, you're wrong; people with guns kill people. Of course, take away the guns and they still have knives but it's way harder to kill people like that (and of course you won't have the school shootings etc.).

RIP to everyone that died in these incidents. :(

^
What's frustrating is the 'rights of gun owners' debate. If that conundrum holds them back enough that other people's right to life gets violated, their politicking is stupid.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Wow, even here, I haven't heard of so many dead in recent memory :eek:

Unfortunately, things haven't changed since past shootings. San Bernardino California, Colorado Theater, and (I'd hate to say this...) Sandy hook. And others before those ones. No improvement has been made to prevent that or others like that... It's enough for a man to burst out crying.

Something must change, otherwise it will just happen again, and again, and again and again and again.

(Sorry, I'm just tired of all this death.)

Reactions: Blue Knight
Thoughts out the the victims/families. :( The reaction Orlando had with people lining up outside of blood centers was awesome, though.

About the guns... In America, most of the gun violence happens in areas with stricter gun control laws, so trying to increase gun control isn't the answer. People who do this kind of thing go after soft targets (where guns aren't allowed), instead of hard targets. Maybe gun control works in other places, but it won't work here. All that would be doing is getting rid of people's abilities to defend themselves.

Reactions: Taiiny
The news about the shooting in Orlando breaks my heart and it makes me so angry and upset. I was going to post here when I first saw the thread but I didn't because I just feel like anything I say comes off in such a horrible way. I just can't wrap my head around why somebody would do something like that. It's horrific and it's unfair and it can't be undone. My heart goes out to all the people who were lost and injured that day, and to all the people who lost somebody or knows somebody who got injured. I hope that those who were injured are able to make a full recovery and I hope that the family and friends of those who were murdered are able to heal from that loss.

I don't live in America I don't know their laws or how things are done, but something needs to be changed. There must be something that can be done, some way to prevent any more mass shootings.

That's sick of someone to do. I didn't see it on the news anywhere, honestly, so I didn't know it happened until 2 days ago, sadly. I hope the families of those lost/injured are well, same for the injured. ;-;

the fact that someone would do that is just crazy to me. if your having a bad time of life don't take it out on others don't go killing people it isn't nice

I don't see how he got the guns on the plane. I mean, with all the security checks and whatnot, it seems like planes are armed fortresses where guns cannot get thru. I thought the age of plane riding with weapons ended on 9/11.

Well, I understand, though, that these exceptions exist because of hunting, but it seems like there would be another way to transport the hunting weapons cause people would be too afraid of terrorists taking advantage of that loophole.

Back