Other AAA games on Switch?

• Thread starter Toasty-senpai
  • Start date
Toasty-senpai

Toasty-senpai

Chronic Depression
Towns Folk
Since the Switch is getting Skyrim and DOOM, what other Triple A games do you think it may get or some games that you'd like to see on the switch. I wouldn't mind seeing Red Dead Redemption or any of the Batman games on it. Though they may not look that amazing graphically it's just something I'd like to see on the Switch.

Many games are already confirmed, including Final Fantasy XV, Batman: The Telltale Series game (was confirmed today to be released November 14th in the US and November 17th in Europe), LA Noire and more. A big Rockstar game might come according to the guy that correctly leaked LA Noire a few months ago. Very happy that Nintendo gets a big 3rd party support (at least for them). Just want as many developers to come so more people will buy the system.
Edit: Changed from the telltale Batman games to Batman: The Telltale Series game
By the way, not sure if that one is an AAA, but still

Last edited:
What is considered AAA games? Note I will automatically disagree if you say any of the following.
  1. Call of Duty
  2. Elderscrolls
  3. Overwatch
  4. Undertale
  5. Five Nights at Freddy's
  6. Minecraft

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Many games are already confirmed, including Final Fantasy XV, Batman: The Telltale Series game (was confirmed today to be released November 14th in the US and November 17th in Europe), LA Noire and more. A big Rockstar game might come according to the guy that correctly leaked LA Noire a few months ago. Very happy that Nintendo gets a big 3rd party support (at least for them). Just want as many developers to come so more people will buy the system.
Edit: Changed from the telltale Batman games to Batman: The Telltale Series game
By the way, not sure if that one is an AAA, but still
Final Fantasy XV hasn't been confirmed. Just because a developer mentions it doesn't mean it's confirmed. They might not be able to even get the game running on switch in the first place.

What is considered AAA games? Note I will automatically disagree if you say any of the following.
  1. Call of Duty
  2. Elderscrolls
  3. Overwatch
  4. Undertale
  5. Five Nights at Freddy's
  6. Minecraft
AAA games are games that have high budgets. These games cost 50+ million. The quality of the game doesn't have anything to do with whether it's an AAA game or not. Basically any game with high budgets are AAA. Also these games cost $60 USD, and generally they all need to sell at the very least a million copies for the company to make their money back. COD, Elder Scrolls and Overwatch are all AAA games. They all cost a lot of money to make.

On the other end of the spectrum is indie titles. They typically don't take much money to make. Most of them are by small studios that need to only pay a few people. These games need to sell a few thousands to make their money back. Most of them are in the $20 dollar range games like Undertale, Minecraft and FNAF are here

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Toasty-senpai
I didn't hear about L.A. Noire coming to the switch. That's pretty exciting. I guess if more of these AAA games come out on the Switch I'll feel like it'd be worth getting g the Pro Controller.

I would like the switch to get more attention from developers cause I still see games only for PS4 and XB1

Two games I want desperately on switch are:

1. Dragon Ball FighterZ (But ArcSys said they’ll do it if enough people ask for it)

2. Monster Hunter Worlds (Nintendo helped MH become slightly more popular. I understand that the game will become more popular if it’s on PS4 and XB1 but excluding the Switch was messed up. Guess I gotta pick up a PS4 :meh:)

I don't think MH is going to be going back to the Playstation platform anytime soon so I don't think you'll have to worry about picking up a PS4 lmao

I don't think MH is going to be going back to the Playstation platform anytime soon so I don't think you'll have to worry about picking up a PS4 lmao
The newest game in the series, MH worlds is only on PS4 and XB1... so i’m TRIGGERED that it isn’t on switch.

The newest game in the series, MH worlds is only on PS4 and XB1... so i’m TRIGGERED that it isn’t on switch.
Oh damn, I think I'll have to pick up a PS4 too. SMH

what does AAA mean

@eeveeruleslol I'm not sure, like how you can get an SSS rank in videogames?

@Toasty-senpai. I think he wants to know what exactly does AAA stand for. Come to think of it, what does AAA stand for anyway? (I know what AAA games are, but what does the three A's stand for?)

I think you may be using the term triple AAA game for multiplat games. If you mean multiplat games that could get on board on the switch I know that Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus is coming on 2018 to the switch. I would also like to see starwars battlefront 2 on the switch or maybe other games like ghost reccon wildlands, or even red dead redemption 2. Anyway, this are triple a games but they are also included in the multiplat category.
Now, when I keep thinking about the term you used I may think that metroid 4 is gonna be a triple a game, a new star fox would be a triple a game (if it takes inspiration from star fox adventures from the gamecube), a new donkey Kong game would be a triple a game.

Back