(Outdated) Battle for Champion Tournament Rules

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Edit: This is just a feedback/suggestions thread. Find the official tournament thread here - http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/battle-for-champion-tournament-bracket-and-sign-ups.33335/

Battle for Champion Tournament Rules

Rules and the tournament will be a simple one this time around to avoid more waiting time to work with custom requirements. It's the first and last Battle for Champion tournament for the Pokemon League. Some rules may be different from what I originally planned for it since it's been a while.

- You need to have at least one gym badge to participate now (this is NOT the sign-up thread).
- If both players have ORAS, they must use the game.
- Battles will have a deadline to complete.
- Battles are only to be done over Wi-Fi in-game (no Pokemon Showdown, in other words).
- People who have earned most gym badges will get a "little surprise" (some might consider it more).
- Smogon OU (singles) rules with slight changes highlighted in red like this.
- Anyone caught hacking will be fed to the Meep. Any leftovers will go to the pandas and poyos.

Clauses
- http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/clauses
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Moody Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Baton Pass Clause
    • Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass.
    • A Pokemon cannot have baton pass + speed boosting move + stat boosting move.
    • A Pokemon cannot have baton pass + speed boosting ability + stat boosting move.
  • Item Clause (leftovers is an exception)
Banned Items
  • Gengarite
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Lucarionite
  • Mawilite
  • Salamencite
  • Soul Dew
Banned Pokemon
  • Gothitelle with Shadow Tag and Rest (family line too).
  • Aegislash
  • Blaziken
  • Greninja
  • Pokemon that you can't hatch from an egg (Ditto is an exception).
    • If this isn't clear enough, it means no legendary Pokemon like Latios or Kyurem-Black).
    • Pokemon must have been born in XY/ORAS.
Ask questions, leave suggestions/feedback for possible rule changes, or instill fear into your opponents by telling everyone, "Marc my words, I will be victorious" :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadaj, Artisan, Samuel_1802 and 2 others
I'm so hyped for this! I can't wait!

Marc my words, I will be victorious! :pompus:

Reactions: Kadaj, superwill123 and Danny
Current Gym Leaders are allowed to participate, right?

Also,
- Anyone caught hacking will be fed to the Meep. Any leftovers will go to the pandas.
No love for Poyos? I see how it is ;-;

Reactions: Marc
are you sure about banning legendary in this league?
lot of people here on pedia use legendary in there teams , what do you think guys?
The only reason is because of hacking and I can't just limit the list of people allowed to use them to only trusted Pedians :/

Idk, I need a good reason and not just that you want to use them ;~; (btw, you'll need to fix your 3DS before the tournament begins to participate since matches are over WiFi in-game).

Also, I've added the following to the first post :

"Pokemon must have been born in XY/ORAS."

Will the pokemon league be replaced with another pokemon league? Or will it just fade into inexistance?

Will the pokemon league be replaced with another pokemon league? Or will it just fade into inexistance?
It's going to be replaced with something new \o/

Reactions: 3dsatackman
What's the "meep"?

oh I been waiting for this moment for over a year after collecting all my hard-earned badges!!! xD

Reactions: Marc
Tell meeeeeeee

lolz

Woah! What a nice surprise to find :eek: I have a question about the Baton Pass Clause:

Baton Pass Clause (Pokemon can't use baton pass with 2 stat boosters)

Does that mean that it can't be used with moves like Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, etc., (that raise 2 stages) or Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Stockpile, etc. (that raise 2 different stats, one of those not being Speed)?

People who have earned most gym badges will get a "little surprise" (some might consider it more).
Hmmmm... :bookworm:

Last edited:
Does that mean that it can't be used with moves like Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, etc., (that raise 2 stages) or Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Stockpile, etc. (that raise 2 different stats, one of those not being Speed)?
Like using sword dance and agility to baton pass it. Or baton passing sword dance with a speed boost from an ability.

I look forward to battling you all :) what are you gonna use for brackets marc? I suggest challenge for bracket formatting.

Like using sword dance and agility to baton pass it. Or baton passing sword dance with a speed boost from an ability.
Baton Pass is only not allowed if you pass off speed and another stat.

Yup, I guessed that was to be assumed. My doubt was about what was different this time c:

I look forward to battling you all :) what are you gonna use for brackets marc? I suggest challenge for bracket formatting.
That's what I plan to use :3
Yup, I guessed that was to be assumed. My doubt was about what was different this time c:
This covers the speed boost ability :p (unless that's already included in the clause, not sure).

Oh boy, we're actually going to do this! I better get back into the swing of things and start practicing!

I really don't like Gothitelle with Rest, but I'm just curious, why is it banned?

Back