KH3D-DDD Part 1- Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Review- GNN

• Thread starter Breezy
  • Start date
B

Breezy

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Yo everyone, Breezy here! I'm doing a little "show" if you can call it that- Its called Gamer News Network. Not sure if the name has been used before lol
Anyway. This'll be split into parts because my phone sucks (Atleast till I know for sure there's a character limit)
Anyway. I Cover companies from Valve, To Sony, to Square Enix- And that's a nice Segway (however you spell that) Into my first post- a review, this time, on Kingdom Hearts, Dream Drop distance.

Personally, this is my favorite game of the bunch. I'm honestly not sure what does it for me. Could be the flow motion mechanic, or the dream eaters, or possibly all the awesome worlds not in other games!

Anyway. This game does all the things we love with KH, and spoils us some more. It's almost identical to BBS, except not really. Here, we have no heartless, nobodies, or anything- instead we get these adorable... Things... Called dream eaters. There's 2 kinds- nightmares, and the good ones- I forget what they're called. No Donald and goofy here! Instead your party is made of you and 2 dream eaters. They have a special power- instead of mana, they use a "link" bar. When this is full, you can use a powerful attack in combination with the dream eater. You can even link with both for another effect. These are craftable with materials you get from other Dream eaters. And then outta nowhere you descend into some bubbles with a screen displaying some stuff. Aaaand suddenly you're playing as Riku.

This my only and major flop with the game- the drop. You can drop manually- but if you don't, it just happens as soon as your Drop gauge empties completely. That can be in a fight, a boss, anywhere that you're in control of Sora/Riku. They both control the same, and have the same mechanics.
Except now there's flow motion, which I abused horribly, combat or otherwise. It's fun to use and mess around with, and is essential to some secrets. It allows you to grind on rails, bounce off walls, and into some fat dream eater so you can kill it for stuff.

Anyway, that's part 1! Next I'll talk about other stuff, like the drop mini game when you go to a new world, and some more stuff. Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy my channel/posts!
-Breezy/GNN

I loved KH:DDD but the replay value is meh :p. The Drop screwed me over when fighting some bosses early game. My favourite dream eater was the Meow Wow(might just be because he was my first dream eater ^^.

I think flowmotion was the best part of the game - you could abuse it to get to high places(useless but fun) and take out enemies in style:pompus:

I rate 8/10

Exactly. i REALLY hope they bring Flow back in 3. That'd make me the happiest man alive. Also, yeah, Meow Wow is adorable.

I do like how you can play as Riku though, he's cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back