KH3D-DDD Part 2- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance review- GNN

• Thread starter Breezy
  • Start date

Which is your Favorite Kingdom Hearts game?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

• Kingdom Hearts: Birth by sleep

• Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

• Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

• Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/Re:CoM

• Total voters
B

Breezy

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Welcome back, bros! I'mma finish off the last of this review on my computer this time, so if there's any typos, point em out because i have no autocorrect (Which can be a good thing.).
Here i'm going to talk about the different worlds. the Drop minigame, and just the overall feel of the game compared to other Kingdom Hearts games.

So first, the drop mechanic. This replaced the Gummi Ship missions between worlds from KH and KH2, as there is no gummi ship or even Donald and Goofy. Here you fall down to what is like a background of the world you'll be in. There's dream eaters to fight in these minigames, as well as little bosses. you can't simply ayttack, from what i remember- you have like a fireball you can shoot that upgrades when you pick up a certain item. There's not much to it.

Now, the worlds. Despite never finishing it, The Grid is my fave, simply because i LOVE Tron Legacy. I LOVED that movie. I think we have a version of The World That Never Was, as the last world. We also have, returning fim the original Kingdom Hearts, Traverse Town, another of my faves. We also have a world from The Hunchback of Notre Dame,. (The name was so confusing i cant even remember)

First, Traverse Town. There's some new characters here, being from another loved game of mine- The World Ends With You. There's Neku, Joshua, Beat, Rhyme, and Shiki. Here you're meant to help the other Gamers find their game partners- Like helping Beat find Rhyme.

Second, The Hunchback world, whatever it was called. You do alot of stuff here, most that i can't remember. i mean, at one point the town's on fire, i guess that's something...?

3rd, The Grid. It's based off Tron Legacy, and you're helping Sam, Quorra, Etc, reach the portal, i believe.

4th- Prankster's Paradise. This is based off of Pinocchio. At Jiminy's request, Sora or Riku run off to find Pinnochio. In Riku's world, You're inside Monstro, like KH1. But as Sora, You're actually in the Prankster's Paradise.

5th- The country of the Musketeers. It's assumed this is actually a prequel to everything in this series, assuming Mickey had already found Minnie in Birth By Sleep.

Last, i believe, Is the world that never was. Here, near the end...
***SPOILERS INCOMING***
Here, near the end, after some crap with Xemnas, or Xehanort or something, Sora falls into a dream or something, in which you'll automatically drop to Riku. As Riku, you have to save Sora by reaching where he is. After some other crap, BAM. i have no idea what happens next. I never got there, and haven't played the game in ages... Well, now...

Overall feel and rating
The game... Feels like Kingdom Hearts. It has many new features, one of which kinda bugs me. The game is smooth, flowing, and done very well on 3DS. The physics are great, The Dream Eaters are great, the Drops/drop minigames are not so great, i think. I have to give this, an 8.5/10, or a 4.25/5. The game is very fun, and i would reccomend it to any fan of Action RPGS, JRPGs, or 3DS gamers at all. Anyway, thanks for reading, get the game, and i hope you enjoy it.

-Breezy/GNN Out

Back