Perfect Attendance

• Thread starter 423
  • Start date

Content at Heart
Towns Folk
Have you ever had a year (or more) of perfect attendance?

I've been homeschooled up until Junior Year, so perfect attendance is ironic. But even in public/private school, I've missed a few days here and there. I feel that having perfect attendance in college is more difficult, since you ultimately make the choice on a daily basis as to whether or not you want to go to class; sick or not sick. Perfect attendance essentially doesn't seem all that realistic to me lol. xD

No, and since there isn't an award for perfect attendance here it doesn't matter anyway. I did have almost perfect attendance in my last three years though. I remember a teacher mentioning I'd attended all but a few days in my last year, that made me feel validated *^*

People that obsess about perfect attendance annoy me >.<

If you're dying of a contagious disease, please stay home cause no one else wants to catch it. We don't want an epidemic starting up all in here ;-; Maybe wear a mask or something if you're sick so the rest of us don't die.

I understand the need to go to school and finish work, but if someone is seriously sick, like flu for example, stay home ;-; it's morally right to stay home cause spreading the flu = bad. There are flu shots, but still :d One day will hurt your perfect attendance, but it's not worth it ;-;

Reactions: Sans, 532, 3905 and 2 others
I am so far from perfect attendance it's not even funny. :p I have a really lousy immune system. I catch illnesses easy and being in an old drafty, not properly clean building doesn't help that. Plus being overly stressed makes me sick. I get headaches and stomach aches, etc. It's unusual for me to actually be at school for an entire week it's so bad. I'm out an awful lot. I mean it doesn't affect my marks to badly, which is good.

My current school doesn't even acknowledge perfect attendance. My middle/junior high school did though. Each trimester we'd host a little awards ceremony and the kids who got perfect attendance were given this "pass" so for one day (any day of their choosing except for exams) they were free to not go to class. They didn't need parental permission they just needed to show the school their little pass thingy and they were good for the day!

I agree with @rawrrie. If you're contagiously sick, please stay home. I'm begging you as someone who gets sick super easy haha. Nothing frustrates me more than somebody coming in when they don't have to knowing they have the flu or something. >~<

Reactions: CJ and 532
I get "sick" a lot, so my family gets the letters from the Truancy department every year xD

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
I get "sick" a lot, so my family gets the letters from the Truancy department every year xD
Truancy department? Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Truancy department? Hahahahahahahahahaha!
I'm not sure if it's an actual department, but either way, I get the truancy letters xD

I don't think I've ever had a perfect attendance, ever :p There's always some important business I have to do such as piano exams and other whatnot so lots of times I end up having like one or two absents. My school is extremely strict about missing classes and demand so many ... things when you miss classes ( and practically all other things )

I try to get perfect attendance every year. I get it every few years but a lot of times towards the winter I get down with some intolerable sickness that forces me to skip a day or two. It really sucks because missing a day here means that work is going to pile up like crazy >.<

Apparently I had perfect attendance my junior and senior years of high school. xD Didn't even realize it. Apparently the excused absences from my field trips (one for my oceanography class my junior year and four during my senior year, three for theatre festivals and one for my government class) didn't count against me having perfect attendance. I didn't even realize it until I got to graduation.

Through my time in community college, I only missed one day because I got food poisoning from something I'd eaten the day before. Missed two of my three classes that day; it would've been all three, but my last class got cancelled 15 minutes in because of snow, so my teacher was just like "don't worry about it, I'm not going to count you absent today because of how long class was today." I also missed a day of my theatre appreciation class 'cause I was helping a friend with something, but my teacher for that class didn't really care. Haven't missed any days of university yet though.

I missed a lot more days of grade school than I have in community college and university. When you're actually paying for the classes, you care a bit more about showing up. xD

Reactions: 423
I'm prone to sickness so I never actually managed to secure perfect attendance until I got to college, at which point it was even more meaningless than it was before. I also used to take days off purely out of lack of interest in going to school - I haven't done that since leaving high school, because higher education schedules are much more forgiving, amusingly enough. Going back to a full-time schedule after graduating is going to be... difficult.

Reactions: 423
a few students were ironically absent for their perfect addendance awards when i was in school \o/

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel and 423
When I was in elementary school I always tried for perfect attendance but I would always end up getting sick. I finally got perfect attendance in seventh grade. In freshman year I would have had perfect attendance but I had to miss school one day in May because I was accompanying the middle school Academic Bowl team I coach to a tournament. I believe I also got perfect attendance sophomore year, but they don't do awards for it in high school, so I'm not even sure. So far this year I do have perfect attendance.

I try my hardest to miss days when I can.
I missed uni today and yesterday bcos train strike. Lol

Don't follow my example guys.

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
Well I'll tell you this.

I skipped 12 days last year because of my brother wanting to sleep some more.

I've had 2 years of consecutive perfect attendance. Not like I care about a perfect attendance award or anything, but because I don't want the work to pile up on me. I already have more than enough that I need to complete, and I would not like more.

Back in primary school I had a few perfect years, but coming into secondary school I've never achieved it and started getting sick more often.

That said, this year is pretty much perfectly attended at the moment.

I've missed a few days almost every year since first grade, for one reason or the other. In more recent days, my attendance is as close to perfect as it can be.
I didn't care much about perfect attendance before, but this year I got really mad about it. Back at my last school, I was often "ill", but almost never ill for real.
But these days, if I miss one class, my life is over. Any illness can be endured through willpower, and late buses don't count.
There is no reward except personal satisfaction.

Unless I am severely sick, I tend to go to school. I honestly think it is very important to go to school mainly because of how much content I will miss. I have a perfect attendance and if I ever do be absent, it is once a year. Of course, if I have a bad cold, I would not want to spread it to anyone but if it just started or is clearing up, I make sure to be as clean as possible. Being absent just makes the next day so much harder.

Of course, I do not blame anyone that they should go to school everyday, some people simply do not work well when they are sick or feel tired. It does come to personal opinion.

Funnily enough, the only class I had perfect attendance on this year is the class that I disliked the most. For most subjects I just have 70+% of attendance but they never exceeded 90% because I missed out on a couple of days for being sick, and half that time I forgot to submit a medical certificate in time. So I can say it's impossible for me to have been present every day. Not that I'm complaining. :hilarious:

Back