Moon/Sun Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
TheYESDragon

TheYESDragon

Find Your Warrior
Towns Folk
pokemon_sun__moon_small.jpg
During the 6 minute long Pokemon Direct, Nintendo announced Sun and Moon for the Nintendo 3DS, which will celebrate their 20th anniversary in style! No gameplay footage yet, but we did see a little concept art (which I'll upload if I can get to it before anyone else does). However, we now have a release window and we know that along with the current 9 languages in the Pokemon games (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Korean), we also will have BOTH simplified and traditional Chinese!

Worldwide release: Holiday 2016

They will also be releasing Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS eShop tomorrow and it will connect to Pokemon Bank, so you can transfer Pokemon to Sun and Moon when it hits 3DS!

Also, found an Imgur gallery of screenshots from the Nintendo Direct on the Pokemon subreddit:
XHPBHvQ.png
UeRt0iZ.png
ybaX2cZ.png
1t2IV05.png
TkkH7OB.png
WAQPNQB.png

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadaj, BetterBushyBurmyBureau, JayRawrTiz and 5 others
Water type gym confirm

I saw it :) I am still sad the made this, because in my opinion it's a bad idea making those games, in my opinion they could make remakes for Diamond and Pearl, and I don't really like the Gen 6 and 5 Pokemons, like Garbage Pokemon? Key - Chain Pokemon?!

I just bought Pokemon Blue right now and I've already picked my starter. :p

At any rate I my only hope at this point is that these are Gen 6 titles that come after XY.

Looks like it's pretty early in development, or they just don't want to show anything. Definitely think this is Generation 7, but that doesn't mean it won't have anything to do with X/Y. Gold and Silver were kinda sequels to Red and Blue, could be the same scenario here.

I saw it :) I am still sad the made this, because in my opinion it's a bad idea making those games, in my opinion they could make remakes for Diamond and Pearl, and I don't really like the Gen 6 and 5 Pokemons, like Garbage Pokemon? Key - Chain Pokemon?!
I prefer new games over remakes tbh.

I just hope Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will be compatible with XY/ORAS online play. If new Pokemon were introduced, maybe they can block it online similar to how they did it with mega evolutions in ORAS.

I also hope its single player gameplay is much harder than XY.

Reactions: BetterBushyBurmyBureau, J9794 and Mikaya

Just a note, we'd have to wait for a new generation anyway before we even got remakes. (Because that's how Game Freak rolls) Also, the whole "These new Pokemon are garbage and one's even literally garbage" is beating a dead horse since Gen I had some freaky designs going on. (A ball? A rock with arms?! EGGS!?!? ...a ball thingy with screws sticking out of it that evolves into three ball thingys with screws sticking out of it...)

Personally I'm looking forward for Pokemon Sun and Moon, especially when knowing that it's coming out in Chinese language as well, and I hope it will be a better main series Pokemon games than it was of XY and ORAS. When I get these games, probably I'll choose the Chinese language when I play one.

Hmm, some good posts - in my opinion, a good Sun and Moon game would have a harder difficulty, just like @Marc said. I also hope that it has some more big twists with the old Pokemon storyline formula, it would be nice for something VERY different to happen.

Also, I'm willing to bet that they're withholding all gameplay footage just for E3 - that can be the 3DS' big flagship title for 2016 and they can build half of the Nintendo Direct event around this game (or games, whatever).

Also, found an Imgur gallery of screenshots from the Nintendo Direct on the Pokemon subreddit:
XHPBHvQ.png
UeRt0iZ.png
ybaX2cZ.png
1t2IV05.png
TkkH7OB.png
WAQPNQB.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
It sounds extremely interesting. Nintendo appear to be hushed up about it though

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I prefer new games over remakes tbh.

I just hope Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will be compatible with XY/ORAS online play. If new Pokemon were introduced, maybe they can block it online similar to how they did it with mega evolutions in ORAS.

I also hope its single player gameplay is much harder than XY.

I'm kinda guessing that this game might be Gen VII already though, because when they counted down the Pokémon games, they only mention the first games of each new generation. (They are also most likely going to introduce a new region, and two regions have never been introduced in one generation.) There's still room for more speculation though :p

Also, about the Pokémon Bank thing, does that mean we can transfer unlimited Mew from the glitch? :D

Last edited:
I'm actually really hyped! it's about time us fans got a new gen. My choice would be to get Sun over Moon (maybe Sun will have a fire-type legendary? I love fire types!). The Concept art pics look pretty interesting - The mansion looks pretty and the new design Pokemon Center looks high-tech but nice. I hope we get more info and perhaps some more images soon! :D

I can't wait to see what Kind of Pokémon will be in this game. I hope we can get Mega Evolutions for Pokémon like Flygon, Wigglytuff, Machamp, Dragonite, Donphan, Scrafty, and Hydriegon.

Hello my friends! I'm here and I want to share this thought with everyone.:writing:

Jugging by the things they showed us, I got a good idea of where it might take place. I have been talking with my friend and we both agreed that... the Philippines would make the most logical sense. Before you come and prove me wrong ( and hopefully no flame wars), I got a detail to say. While doing research, I stumble on some interesting locations.:bookworm: The green cave and the blue cave. Which, means "Sun" and "Moon" respectively.:pompus:

Anyways, fell free to correct me. And to that, have a good night.:)

I actually caught the direct this morning before class. I'm not sure if I'm absolutely ready for a new generation, but I certainly feel this one will be fun to play. And the fact that Gen 1 pokemon can come to the new game via Poke Bank was a very smart move by GameFreak.

I'm looking forward to exploring a new region and hopefully some things that tie up older generations. And hopefully they will consider having a Dark Type Gym for once :p

• I think this is gonna be a generation seven game because x and y has been released a couple months ago. I'm just gonna list the things I want for Pokemon Sun and Moon.
  • No HM
  • Harder difficulty than Pokemon Omega ruby, Alpha sapphire, X and Y
  • Dark type gym
  • Better looking pokemon *cough* *cough* Klefki *cough*
  • More Mega evolutions for pokemon like Flygon and Cradily
  • A post game thing like the Battle Factory(PLEASE NO BATTLE MAISON)

• I think this is gonna be a generation seven game because x and y has been released a couple months ago. I'm just gonna list the things I want for Pokemon Sun and Moon.
  • No HM
  • Harder difficulty than Pokemon Omega ruby, Alpha sapphire, X and Y
  • Dark type gym
  • Better looking pokemon *cough* *cough* Klefki *cough*
  • More Mega evolutions for pokemon like Flygon and Cradily
  • A post game thing like the Battle Factory(PLEASE NO BATTLE MAISON)

Actually Pokémon X and Y Was released back in October of 2013 (I happen to get it on my Birthday) While OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire was released in November of 2014.

Reactions: Mikaya
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Blastoise Fire-trucks, yet, on the bottom-left.

ybaX2cZ.png

Game changing, new Blastoise form confirmed.

Reactions: FrostBreath23, Mikaya, Duster and 1 other person
It's still early to tell, it could be a decoration for a fire truck (But I could be wrong) I like the mansion they showed it remined me of Cerulean City in the Anime!

Yes! So hyped for these games! I wonder if they've even further improved the graphics for this. I bet this'll be amazing.
There's still so much we don't know. All we know is Magearna. And some concept art. I hope we get more news as it comes closer. I'll definitely want to get it the day it comes out.

I do wish the post game will be more like the Emerald Battle Frontier, and not just straight battles like the maison. The maison is nice, but the Frontier just stomps it any day.

Regarding the title, what do we get now? Judging from it, it's like it'll be similar to RSE/ORAS in a way. The moon with the tides, and the sun with, well, sunlight. Or will it be about space? Who knows! It's all so exciting.

Back