Pokemon Switch might come to the console next year (2018)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
According to a leak, the gen 8 Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch might be available next year :
Leak from Reddit said:
There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/...the-beans-on-upcoming-nintendo-switch-titles/

Do you think it's true?

Reactions: Duffy
I sure hope so, it would also be awesome if you could play with 3ds players as well, or even just be able to trade between the games for switch and 3ds

Reactions: Duffy
  • Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
  • According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Nope nope nope. No way. I don’t believe it. I think this is fake. Unless they remake Mother 3, this leak is definitely fake.

I do believe that Nintendo may be pressuring the Game Freak to putting out a switch Pokémon game in 2018, as the sooner it gets out the more switchs Nintendo will sell. I doubt it’ll be a sun/moon port, it will probably be gen 8 though. It could be released in 2018, but probably too early to tell right now.

Reactions: Marc
if truth then can't wait

If it's true, then I have some concerns but at the same time I'm excited. I would like them to take their time and not try to rush things just to appeal to the fan base. Honestly, pushing it to 2019 is probably a better idea, just to be safe. Being on a new system can be a challenge, especially one so different than the 3DS (well, I guess it's not that different, but the Switch is definitely much more powerful than the 3DS). Logically, however, Pokemon moving to the Switch make sense and is where is should go. I'm happy for it; I just don't want Nintendo to make a rushed, unfinished game. They can take their time and I'm willing to wait.

Back