Pokemon Trading Card Game (Not Video Game)

• Thread starter N3DSXL
  • Start date
N3DSXL

N3DSXL

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I wonder if there are people who still play the Pokemon Trading Card Game & Collect cards?

Lots of people still play the trading card game, including me! Recently there was a Regionals in Fort Wayne (I believe?) which was the largest ever with over 800 competitors just in the Masters division! So people are definitely still playing! There's Pokemon Leagues all over for people to meet up and play the game; if anyone is interested they should look up Pokemon's League Locator! At my gamestore there's even a How To Play Pokemon event every Wednesday where newbies can learn how to play! It's a pretty active community!

In that case, the cards aren't going away anytime soon for as long as the cards have been out.:)

I've never really been able to get into it. I think I just need to learn how to play. :/

Reactions: Duffy
I used to collect Pokemon Cards but I never actually played the game because I could never get around the mechanics and the rules and the energy thing. Did read online but still can't get it :p However, I had always liked the illustrations of the Pokemon, items, stages and whatnot. I remember two in particular: Ryo Ueda and Ken Sugimori.

I play Pokémon TCG online because it seems like in my town (maybe the whole country) nobody plays it :)
A couple of weeks ago I bought a trainer kit only to have a few real cards; I still have to convince somebody to play with me :D

@dani20 I'd check here for Leagues in your area if you're looking for someone to play with! I found a couple in my area and have met some great new friends that way! :)

@buckembarnes Eh, I live in Romania, my country isn't even in that list... I live in the 2nd biggest city in the country and I couldn't find any Pokémon cards in stores in my town, I had to order elsewhere. Though people play Magic, or SW Destiny, or various TCG/CCG/LCG games, it seems like nobody plays Pokémon TCG... I tried to introduce the game to some friends, but I hadn't much luck :) . Anyway, people here are more into PC games rather than board or card games.

@dani20 Oh man, I'm sorry! Hopefully you have more luck in the future! It's great playing face to face with other people! It's great sharing your interests with friends, too! Keep trying, they have to give in some time! ;)

Reactions: dani20
I've never really been able to get into it. I think I just need to learn how to play. :/
I'm in the game boat here. Never got into it, gave away all my cards. Seems very popular though. Not the the extent of MTG but I'm glad there's a good community for it.

Back