Poll: How do you use your Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter Farhaan Raja
  • Start date

How do you use your switch?

• Tabletop (with Pro controller)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I'm curious to know how Switch owners use their system.

Also, if you vote, please say what game you use that mode with.

I really love the fact that I can play Breath of the Wild undocked. You couldn't do that on the Wii U version so Im always excited to take the game with me if I'm traveling. I usually play Mario Odyssey on the TV just because it reminds me of playing good old Super Mario 64. The 1 2 Switch game is fun to play undocked as well.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I prefer to play mostly handheld, although I occasionally use the TV if no one else needs it for Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2. Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey are mostly to play with the kids so they are TV only to minimize chance of damage to the console. 1-2 Switch works better for us in tabletop mode because our TV is in the corner of the room . They are the only games we have at present.

Tabletop when I'm not in my room, with JoyCons separated, otherwise, handheld mode with JoyCons on.
But that said, it mostly depends on which game I'm playing. Splatoon 2 doesn't feel good to play in handheld mode (or at least, with the JoyCons attached to the Switch), while games like Mario Odyssey are okay to play regardless of the mode.

As for why I never play with the system docked, well... The TV is always being used.

Mostly handheld mode and sometimes with it docked. I might play it more on my TV when I get a controller. It's sorta weird when using joycons by themselves since I use motion controls and I find myself losing more Splat2 ranked matches.

I play on handheld because I don't use the TV much and if I do it is mostly for Mario Odyssey and other motion controls games. I play splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 deluxe, and Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild on both TV and undocked since those games have little/No motion control or have the option to disable it. I only play tabletop mode during mario kart multiplayer and I don't own a pro controller.

I very rarely play in docked mode just because the only TV in the house that has a HDMI port is the one in the living room. I just play in handheld mode mostly since I take it to college and play it during lunchtimes there.

Mostly handheld mode and sometimes with it docked. I might play it more on my TV when I get a controller. It's sorta weird when using joycons by themselves since I use motion controls and I find myself losing more Splat2 ranked matches.

Didn't you get the controller shell that you slot the joy-cons into when you got the switch?

Didn't you get the controller shell that you slot the joy-cons into when you got the switch?
Yup. Haven't tried it out yet.

Well, I am currently playing Minecraft in Handheld most of the time. I just prefer to lay on the couch than play looking at the TV. No pro controller so only joy cons for now

I Think I play all game modes posible yet. I play my nintendo switch docked with the pro controller or the joy cons, I also play on hanheld mode and even on table top mode with the pro controller. Recently, I have been playing my switch in table top mode because it is really hot in my country right now, so I can´t stand the heat that is in my room.

Back