(Poll) Should I make tutorials about programming ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date

Would you like to do some programming ?

• Bring me some coffee and Java, and we'll speak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hi everybody,

Considering that I've got some time to spend, and that I'm still into programming, I was wondering if I should make a programming tutorial. But, let me be clear, here's what will be covered/done, and what won't be covered/done:

You'll be able to do:
-A basic 2D game
-Make it portable (= able to run on Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows)
-Learn how general programming work
-Use a language that is able to output some low-level (=closer to machine code) code that would be ready to be turned into an executable (=no need to bring modifications to it) !

What you won't be able to do:
-Make the next industry AAA. Let's get real for a second, it doesn't work that way.
-Graphics (I'm terribad at it. Let's face it: I only managed to make six basic tiles for a game I'm working on)
-Music (No, I'm not one of the guys behind the OST of Xenoblade or Final Fantasy, and I don't even know what I should do !)
-Programming on a console. It's way more trouble than programming on a PC.
-GPU Programming. Forget NVIDIA and AMD's graphical gimmicks, we can't access it.

However, for that tutorial, when I'll be covering screen printing (=displaying stuff), I'll ask the nice people that are often active in Graphics Design Area if they could help make graphics. Credit will be given.

So, it's up to you people. This poll will be up until next Sunday (09/08/2015).

Reactions: Hikki, Marc and TheYESDragon
Heck yeah; as someone who has been too lazy and/or busy to get started on learning a bit of programming (I was going to get started on C++ or Java, as I heard they are good languages to learn), I could totally do with a tutorial here - and you're someone who is very knowledgable about the subject so I'd like to do some programming! :)

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Yes. Although there are a few on Youtube it wouldn't hurt to have more. Maybe if you throw something at the wall it will stick. Of course you could go into detail if you must to be sure programming mistakes don't happen (because they will).

Please do, that would be great!

Okay, considering the positive feedback, I'll close the poll, and I'll start working on the tutorials.
I'll start posting them once they're ready. As for graphics, I don't exactly know if I should post the request in the GFX Area, or in the Nookling Junction...

Reactions: TheYESDragon
Oh cool, I would love to try this so I can catch up with my friends (yes, they already know to create a game similar to minecraft at my age >.>) and so I can learn more. I'm pretty sure that my skills in coding are horrible, I've only started learning about making animations xP Please do this! :)

Back