Support Needed PSX On Wii Issue

• Thread starter N3DSXL
  • Start date
N3DSXL

N3DSXL

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I hope this post is okay, I'm not talking about roms, just an emulator.

The Playstation Emulator won't work on Wii. It will either display the PS Logo & Return to Wii Menu, Freeze the Wii or cause the Wii to run into a System Error. How do I get it to work w/out a problem?

Is it retroarch's PSX core which you're trying to use? If so, I've never used it on the Wii myself but the same core on 3DS requires the three BIOS files to run. For the purposes of the rules I can't link you to them (nor can I state the files names I think) since they are illegal warez and thus would be against rules to share.

All I can suggest is that you google the BIOS files you require. Once you have them, you should be able to put them in the system directory and they'll be read.

What?

That's a thing?!

What?

That's a thing?!

Besides the fact that this contributes nothing to the discussion, yes, this is indeed something you can do. One of the more popular usages of homebrew/soft-modded consoles or handhelds are their emulation capability (although don't expect anything beyond the end of the fifth console generation to run on hardware like the Wii. Even then, there's slowdowns and issues from that generation.)

@N3DSXL I guess you can get the bios folders needed. If that doesn't work, I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe the Wii isn't the best choice for a PSX system. I dunno, I don't know how to get it set up on the Wii. :panda:

Back