Puyo Puyo Tetris is on the Switch!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
In 2014, Sega published a crossover game between Puyo Puyo (or Puyo Pop, Kirby's Avalanche/Ghost Trap, or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, if you may call), with the infamous Tetris, so Puyo Puyo Tetris is born! However, it was released only in Japan, which sadly means that it's hard for any overseas players to play it back then due to those region locks in Nintendo consoles. But after Nintendo Switch's presentation, with region lock's thrown out of the window, we got a surprise! It's revealed that Puyo Puyo Tetris will be localized, and it's about to be released in Nintendo Switch! (And PS4 joined in the localization as well.)

The very first trailer from Japan. It has been 3 years, is it?

So... what do you think of this unique collaboration? And do you think the collab of Puyo Puyo and Tetris will go well? Share any thoughts here.

I think I might be the only person on the web who´s not excited about this game. This is probably because I never liked tetris games, so I might be missing the gist of this one too. But, what does this game have to make it really good? Or why is this game driving people really mad on the web?

I think it's partly because Puyo Puyo (or Puyo Pop) has never been released overseas in ages, with the latest international title being published before that was Puyo Pop Fever. Besides, some also think the mashup of these two puzzle games might be a great idea to be released overseas, which can double as the chance to reintroduce Puyo Puyo to fans in other regions.

Back