Rainbow Pigment In MH4U

• Thread starter sashade7
  • Start date
sashade7

sashade7

Long time gamer, and game addict. Minus mind, lol
Towns Folk
This was one of the first things I saw in the game, and I was like, "Ooh, I want that!" and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so I wrote down what you do to get it. What you have to do is beat all the low rank caravan quests. You need to have a HR of at least 7 to unlock some of them, but after you do, you can do the Caravaneer's Challenge quest. This is tricky, but easier than I thought. The monsters you fight are a Frenzy Zinogre, a Rajang, and then a Shagaru Magala. You fight both the Zinogre and the Rajang in a small arena-like area. Then you fight the Shag. in the same place you always fight it.

What happened to me: A few minutes after I got the Zinogre to get frenzied, my smoke bomb ran out, and the Rajang *saw me and I carted(died). Luckily though, when I got back to the arena, the Rajang had taken out the Zinogre. Then I was able to deal with the Rajang and then the Shag.
*I highly recommend you bring Smoke Bombs. When there are multiple monsters in the area, you can trow a Smoke Bomb and be hidden from monsters noticing you, unless you're right next to them. Right when you enter throw one, then you can run up to and wail on the Zinogre unhindered(for about 2 min, then you have to throw another)

Once you are done with the rewards screens and the screen that says 'Rainbow has been added to your armor pigments', you can go to your room, open your chest, choose the bottom option 'Change Appearance', then choose the bottom option again 'Change Armor Pigment', then you can pick a piece of armor(or all at once) to change color. The rainbow option is the light blue one at the end, left side of the pallet. You can see it has a tiny bit of pink on the left side. I did not see this at first, and I'm sure I drove a fellow hunter nuts whining about not finding it. :banghead:

Last edited:
Lol, it was not one of the first things I saw in the game but same, when I learnt about it, I wanted it ASAP :p

I wasn't as lucky as you though. I had to take out both the Zinogre and the Rajang completely myself. It took me several tries (my armor wasn't the best at all at the time and that Rajang would always come near the Zinogre for some reason -.-) but once the Zinogre is out, you're just left with a Rajang (which is powerful yeah but) with low health since it's a 3 monster quest. Then a Shagaru Magala, which is one of my favourites so I didn't have any problem with that one :D

Well, ok, it's not the first thing I saw, but it's the 1st thing I really, really wanted in the game. Ehh that rots.. but now we're shiny! I love the pigment.

good ol rainbow

Reactions: sashade7
Rainbow pigment is only good with some armoursets (like Nerscylla)

Also, bring an Ice weapon, since its a weakness they all share.

Also, thunder res...

Back