Recommended Language to Learn

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
So I wanna try and branch out my options and try another language for programming and website making. I know Html, Java, CSS, and a bit of python. Any feedback is welcomed.

So I wanna try and branch out my options and try another language for programming and website making. I know Html, Java, CSS, and a bit of python. Any feedback is welcomed.
It all depends on what you want to do.
C++ is good if you want to make games, but it's quite hard to learn. Or if you found C++ to be too hard, you may still go with C. You can still make games with it, and you can even make 3DS homebrews if you install the ctrulib (consider this to be an alternative to the 3DS SDK that won't cost you money nor will get you in trouble). Additionally, I recall that there was some library floating around the web that allows you to use Python scripts in C.

I might check out C++ then. I just want to learn the basics of it and not get too in depth with it.

If you wanna develop in web, I think you'll need to learn Javascript, I haven't learned it yet, but I know that most frameworks and tools used to develop interactive or dynamic stuff on web require you to code on JS.
Also, you could learn Ruby, it's a pretty cool non-typed language. Or, you could try Scala, it's one of my favourites at the moment, it has some tricky stuff, but when you get used to it you'll love it.

Back