Recurring Giveaways at NintenPedia

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In April, Ninten Pedia will have some recurring giveaways. The prizes may range from Play Coins to Pedia Emporium coupons to free games to video game accessories to gift cards to sponsor status, and the list goes on.

- The prizes will be revealed when given to the winners.
- Prizes are given out at the end of the month.
- A record of the prizes will be made, of course.

Three ways to get a prize :

High quality poster

Recurring: each week (might increase in time)​

A random high quality poster will receive a prize at the end of the week. A high quality post is an informative post that contributes to the topic with no word stuffing to increase the word count.

Examples of high quality posts can be found here, here, here and here (majority of thread).

High level member

Recurring: each 3 months (might lower in time)​

After every 3 months, a random high level member will receive a prize. This is not related to random gifts high level members are sent every once in a while in private by our administration team.

To learn more about increasing your level at Ninten Pedia, click here.

Sponsor (tier 1 or tier 2)

Recurring: each month (likely not going to change)​

As mentioned in the sponsors page, a random tier 1 or tier 2 sponsor will receive a prize at the end of each month. If the sponsor is inactive, they may not be eligible to redeem the prize and it may be given to another sponsor.

Reactions: Jisenku, AricAttack, Mikaya and 2 others
This looks great. But I have a question what is considered a high level member is that like at level 10 or more like level 20

This looks great. But I have a question what is considered a high level member is that like at level 10 or more like level 20
Yeah. As of right now level 10 or higher is considered as a high level.

Reactions: Mikaya and Ethendor
Looks like I should work towards getting more exp :p

This looks awesome! Are there any differences to what prizes each way has? Or are they all the same kinda?
Just noticed one of my posts is an example too <3

I'm Definitely a high level member then #level 16
I like the ideas

This is really cool! :) Do the High Level posts have to be new topics or comments, or do both count?

Also, does more posts equal more chances of winning?

I like this! :D (Then again, everyone likes giveaways.)

Or are they all the same kinda?
^ This.

You're more likely to get a rare prize as a high level member or a sponsor though, but you can still get it as a high quality poster.
Do the High Level posts have to be new topics or comments, or do both count?
High quality posts can be topics and replies to topics.
Also, does more posts equal more chances of winning?
The more high quality posts you make, the better. So technically yes.

Where are the giveaway winners going to be announced?

Where are the giveaway winners going to be announced?
End of each month \o/

Edit: Actually, it varies because each are different.

I meant where. Will there be a new thread for each contest, or will there be a single thread that just posts the winners of all of them? Or will they be in a totally separate section.

I meant where. Will there be a new thread for each contest, or will there be a single thread that just posts the winners of all of them? Or will they be in a totally separate section.
Most likely on the forum's index page. There will also be a dedicated page to record everything.

I feel like the only way I can earn anything from thia is by level but alas! I'm too lazy to do anything!

I think these recurring giveaways will spice things up here at the forum, but there is one thing that I'm worried about:
Wouldn't it be hard to give prizes every month?
I mean, I know it's not really my business, but I'd feel bad for whoever has to go out and get these prizes (I'm assuming @Marc ) and I'd feel even worse getting any of them

Reactions: Mikaya
Yeah. As of right now level 10 or higher is considered as a high level.

This reminds me, what ever happened to the billboard? Since that was the main way of getting exp.

Reactions: Ethendor
I think these recurring giveaways will spice things up here at the forum, but there is one thing that I'm worried about:
Wouldn't it be hard to give prizes every month?
I mean, I know it's not really my business, but I'd feel bad for whoever has to go out and get these prizes (I'm assuming @Marc ) and I'd feel even worse getting any of them
Hosting Pedia itself is an expense on its own, so don't feel bad >.<)/
This reminds me, what ever happened to the billboard? Since that was the main way of getting exp.
It'll be back on April 1st and no, it wouldn't be an April Fools joke ><

Reactions: Mikaya, 28142 and Tri-force64
I feel like the only way I can earn anything from thia is by level but alas! I'm too lazy to do anything!
:p Honesty goes a long way.

I'll just post the winner of the week here for now :

@SkyHuntress is the first high quality poster with the winning post - https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/funniest-town-of-salem-moments-youve-ever-had.34439/

This week's prize is the Play Coin Multiplier. Sky's 518 Play Coins were multiplied by 2, so she has 1,036 Play Coins now.

Anyhoo, I think I'm going to do things differently with the next winner because the method I'm using right now takes up too much time and NJ/etc posts are taken into consideration (resulting in more time being taken) ><

Reactions: Mikaya, Tri-force64 and 28142
I'll just post the winner of the week here for now :

@SkyHuntress is the first high quality poster with the winning post - https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/funniest-town-of-salem-moments-youve-ever-had.34439/

This week's prize is the Play Coin Multiplier. Sky's 518 Play Coins were multiplied by 2, so she has 1,036 Play Coins now.

Anyhoo, I think I'm going to do things differently with the next winner because the method I'm using right now takes up too much time and NJ/etc posts are taken into consideration (resulting in more time being taken) ><

Thank you so much! I was curious to why I had a lot of PC suddenly before I saw this :p

Reactions: Starry Windy, Tri-force64, Mikaya and 1 other person
Reactions: Tri-force64 and 28142
Back