Religion discussion. There shall be no hating in this post.

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
Kawaki

Kawaki

Kuro Ookami
Towns Folk
Tell me what your religion is. I just want to learn about others. There will be no hating! I am genuinely interested. There are so many cultures out there that I have no clue about. And I don't generally hear about them. So please tell me yours!

Reactions: 24460
Tell me what your religion is. I just want to learn about others. There will be no hating! I am genuinely interested. There are so many cultures out there that I have no clue about. And I don't generally hear about them. So please tell me yours!
I am christian.

Ok. That is great.

Ok. That is great.
We go like around 10:00, and we leave at 3:00 to 6:00 or late.

I usually associate myself as Not Affiliated but my beliefs tend to be that of an atheist. But of course nobody knows for sure if there is a divine being, so I think the appropriate description would be agnostic atheist. So I'm not really a religious person and I try not to take it too seriously. Also, if you happen to believe in a God, don't be afraid to doubt it's existence! Only way to make some progress in knowledge if any at all. Reason is a good thing. Eh, I'll stop there :)

I'm not sure if I can describe me, but let's see... I believe that there is an indescribable force in the world that decides our afterlife, but in no way am I a devout christian. But I don't ever judge another person's religion for being different for it is something sacred to them and I haven't the right to say otherwise.

I'm Catholic. I'm not the most religious person around, though, as I treat religion in a very broad manner. But my faith is there, I just don't let it cloud my judgment.

Im a Protestant. (form of Christianity that that doesnt believe the pope should have complete power over the church is i guess the best way to put it) I dont attend church every Wed and Sun anymore nor am i as involved with church activities as i use to be. After i got engaged the pastor of my church was very... well not nice and then i just got lazy lol but trying to find a church now. As far as specifics go, cause your interested lol, i've attended a lot of different denominations and although i grew up in a Baptist home i prefer the Methodist church. i only say that because while the denominations have the same main principle theology they have their own things that set them a part from each other. i wrote a mini novel lol sorry

Technically I'm Christian but I'm not really that interested in my religion for different reasons.

We go like around 10:00, and we leave at 3:00 to 6:00 or late.
Wow, that is quite long. While I don't to church anymore (well, rarely) they are usually between 45 and 70 minutes.

I'm agnostic atheist. I personally believe in Darwinian Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, though I'm not really sure there is enough evidence on either side to make a clear choice.

Technically I'm Christian but I'm not really that interested in my religion for different reasons.

Wow, that is quite long. While I don't to church anymore (well, rarely) they are usually between 45 and 70 minutes.
Im a little interested but wow it's short!0.0

Im a little interested but wow it's short!0.0

I though that going to church for over 2 hours was already long >.<

Im agnostic for the most part, but I do live by a lot of Christian values, though I guess they could be labelled as Buddhic values as well.

I'm a Buddhist, yet I'm having doubts about the existence if buddha and afterlife and such so I guess that make me a philosophy kind of Buddhist

Reactions: randysilverwolf
I am actually working on a speech for my English 12 related to this subject that I would love to share in a blog when I'm done writing/sharing with my class/hour.

Perhaps you can say this is a philosophical musing. If America is one nation under God, then why are there different religions? Just something interesting I thought about. P.S. the under God part was added to oppose the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Perhaps you can say this is a philosophical musing. If America is one nation under God, then why are there different religions? Just something interesting I thought about. P.S. the under God part was added to oppose the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Youre right it was probably a part of the PR campaign to help keep the country united under the common interests of the state.

"The promise us heaven so they can steal this world."

Reactions: Mykaelochi
So far so good. I do hope this thread stays clean and comfortable after I comment. (No Jinxing it anybody!)

If you had to ask me what I believe, I couldn't tell you. I do not identify with any one line or faith, though I do take notes on all of them. I have no means to doubt others nor affirm myself.
I buy from the occasional bake-sale in-church, I support a cause if it's important to me, and I preach unified peace and goodwill as most people do or should.

Reactions: Mykaelochi, randysilverwolf, 24460 and 1 other person
Back