Removable or non-removable batteries?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date

Do you prefer removable or non-removable battery?

• Removable battery

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Non-removable

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wynaut both?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Personally, I find that apparently, smartphones with non-removable batteries are more common nowadays, which caused my concerns when I wanted to buy a smartphone on the go due to the Note 7 debacle back in the day. Do you like it best if you have phones with non-removable batteries, or do you like it much better if you get the phone that have removable batteries? You can discuss it here.

Samsung's phone's have concerned me recently. (I wouldn't want a phone exploding in my pants!)

I would want a phone with a removable battery. But, if the price is affordable, I will settle for a smartphone with a non-removable battery.

I think a smartphone with a removable battery will not lower the chance of a smartphone fire. Removable batteries may make things worse if someone who has access to your phone like an untrustworthy phone repair technician secretly remove your real battery, and replace it with a cheaper third-party battery, so they can sell your real battery on eBay and Craigslist to make money.

Some kid's who don't understand the dangers of opening smartphone batteries may use a knife to open the removable battery which can cause an explosion, fire, or dangerous chemical leakage.

Naturally I'd want removable batteries (eg. wireless mouse/keyboard, laptop, etc), but if it's for a smartphone or a tablet, I don't mind non-removable because the device will get outdated and I'd likely upgrade.

On the other hand, if it's for a laptop I use on a daily basis, I'd prefer removable so I can quickly replace it when the charge life shortens.

I think Battery powerbanks, and those protective cases with a battery built-in reduced the need for removable batteries, and some people may still buy a phone with a non-removable battery if the phone is cheaper to buy or it is thinner if size mattered to you.

I prefer non-removable batteries. They're less of a hassle and often chargeable which is convenient. I think most electronic devices these days don't use removable batteries. Get with the times! xD

Removable. Always removable for me. If it isn't removeable easily, then I'll just make it removable myself xD

But yeah, my most recent phone is having issues with it's battery (Constantly overheating to the point where it actually burns my hand to touch it) and because it's non-removable, I cannot just get a new battery to swap it with. When I get the stuff to fix my cracked screen, I will try and make it so the battery is removable though since it shouldn't be that hard, I've done it before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have to careful removing removable batteries, and replacing them with the official battery, or compatible battery for your device there were a few reports of batteries overheating, and catching on fire.

I think electronics with non-removable batteries maybe safer because they prevent users from trying to fix their battery themselves, or opening them to see if they can fix broken batteries. Plus, very young kids can't remove the battery, bend, or put them in their mouth which is unsafe.

Of course, I would choose removable because in the very rare case I keep my device in good condition for a long time, the charge could die off, so if it's removable, I can pay for usually 5-10 dollars, instead of just buying another device, and spending a whole lot of money.

Removable fosho. I had an old Sony XPeria Play and the charging port was bent so didn't work. The repair guys told me that they would have to replace the whole motherboard to fix it, so instead I bought another battery and an external charger. Worked like a charm till I finally upgraded out of that phone

Here is the thing, I like both and think both are great. Personally, I like removable batteries because they provide me with the ability to not only charge but switch them for prolonged use, such as road trips where I can swap the battery and through the dead one on the car charger. However, as a programmer I know the extent to which batteries can break and it is very minuscule, the wrong nudge and it no longer works. So, from a programmer standpoint I firmly believe non-removable is the way to go just based on pure functionality however, from a gamer perspective I know that with prolonged use I have to wait for charge time so removable is the way to go. So for me, it depends on the situation, but in the end I prefer both.

I prefer removal because when my phone used to freeze and it wouldn't turn off I would have to take the battery out to solve the problem. I stopped doing that later on because I felt it would damage it though removable batteries are pretty beneficial, especially when the battery is damaged or not working properly.

WOW! I am the only one who prefers non-removable batteries. That is crazy. I like them because I don't want to have to worry about charging all of this extra stuff, like batteries. I prefer to just plug my phone in and see my battery percentage and know that I only have to worry about this one battery charging.

I don't keep my phones long enough that the battery wouldn't be working properly.

Speaking of laptops, it is nice having removable batteries but since I am in IT I know how to change the battery so buying one off of eBay/Amazon is a nonissue. For those people that aren't though removable in laptops would be a nice thing to go back to.

Back