Repel's effect wore off! Use another?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Back then, when we wanted to get away from any wild Pokémon, we would use Repels (or its Super and Max variant) as the means to protect us from any pesky 'mons like let's say Zubat and Geodude. However, once the effects wore off, you have to enter the Bag menu to use it again.

Fortunately, in Black 2 and White 2, this is no longer the case because the game will ask if you want to use another one in case the repel worn off but you still have some spare of it, and since then, this mechanic is still used even today.

What do you think of this useful mechanic, and do you think this makes navigating areas much faster now? Discuss away.

Heck yes! It was kind of time-consuming to have to re-apply the repels over and over again, but with the new quick feature, it's been quick and easy!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Yea I'm glad that option is available for everyone to use. It's a lot better than to keep opening up your bag and find a repel to use. Hmm may sound strange and I don't expect it to be real but, how does a Permanently Repel sound? That's a joke but sounds interesting.

Great, apart from the times when I don't want to use another, and accidentally click on yes because I'm not giving it my full attention, causing me to need to run off the repel so I can get the encounters. Is there a step counter so you can tell how many more steps the repel has? I can't remember but that would be useful too.

I like it even tough I don't use that a lot... I prefer to give me the chance to encounter a shiny zubat even if it means loosing time.

What I don't understand, on the other hand, is that in Pokémon BW there was a nice shortcut system where you could put any item or part of a menu on the Y button list. Why didn't they let it and, let's see... which buttons don't have any purpose since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl? Oh, yes, start and select! Since the time, I would have used these buttons for a list containing the fishing rods, honey, repels, things like that… and another list for the Pokémon's in map moves such as fly, that egg move Chancey has to heal, sweet scent, things like that.

And it has little to do with what you say, but why did they remove Pokémon XY's touch screen menu shortcuts? instead to do X and choose the thing, you just touched it! All that for a Rotom, geez…

Back