Rocket League is coming to Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The E3 2017 video just revealed Rocket League will be coming to the Nintendo Switch.

Rocket League Switch Trailer :

Anyone else excited? I wonder if it'll have online multiplayer

Edit: Yes, it will have online multiplayer and the best part is, it is cross-platform :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamer4647, TribstyAnn and TheYESDragon
I have Rocket League for PC already, but I'd love a Switch version! I'm really pleased, plus it will have an exclusive 'local multiplayer' mode and extra hats and stuff. It will have online multiplayer btw, considering how it will have cross-platform play:

"Rocket League will also support all of Nintendo Switch’s play modes, including TV Mode (docked), Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode, and both Online and Local Multiplayer. Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One."

I'm VERY happy about how Psyonix seemed to have put a lot of effort into this version.

Anyone else excited? I wonder if it'll have online multiplayer :D
I might be mistaken, but I think they announced that it will have online multiplayer with all current Rocket League platforms. I haven't gotten it yet, but I think I'll get it on my Switch.

I might be mistaken, but I think they announced that it will have online multiplayer with all current Rocket League platforms. I haven't gotten it yet, but I think I'll get it on my Switch.
Just read about that. That's awesome.

One hell of a good fit. It's great that the Switch is getting all these third party games. Finally non Nintendo games on a Nintendo platform. And the Switch is perfect for Rocket League in particular too

Reactions: Eric Cartman and 18
Local multiplayer would work really well, and it would be such a missed opportunity if they didnt add a mario kart standard kart, or a koopa clown car.

They did say they were adding exclusive kats, but they didn't tell or show anything more than just the mention of them. I'm really hoping that they are cool Nintendo themed karts.

This was the thing I was the most hyped for during the spotlight. Since the first time I saw Rocket League I knew it would fit right on Nintendo's fanbase. I actually have the game for my PC, but I never really use it for games. With the Switch I'm able to play it easily on my tv or handheld mode. I'm going to lose a ton of time due to this game. Very glad for cross play too, it makes sure we have a bunch of people to play with from the start. I was a bit worried it was never going to come since some of the comments I saw from Psyonix, but it looks like they couldn't say anything.

Now I can focus on all my attention for the very unlikely hope that Overwatch will come over. lol

I always had a feeling that Rocket League would be coming to the Switch. The developers behind the series are almost obsessed with cross-platform play and were some of the first to be really interested in such a system. Plus, I love the Nintendo-themed customizations it appears that you can put on your cars (maybe these will be amiibo-related?).

Back