[Rumor] Battery life of The nintendo switch is 3 hours.

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789492034331676672

Another rumor, this time that the Nintendo Switch's battery life will only be "3 hours" now this could be real or it could be fake. Nintendo has confirmed that the Switch is meant to mainly be a home console, but it can be portable. Also if this is real the "3 hours" could be on max brightness with battey saver mode off.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220980184&postcount=1
Neogaf has contacted nintendo to ask some questions and one of them was battery life.

Nintendo said:
Battery life will be announced later. The development team aims at allowing players to play NS conveniently at places without electricity connection.
So hopefully this means that it will be longer than 3 hours.

Last edited:
3 hours sounds like a good max (on highest brightness setting)

Reactions: 3dsatackman
3 hours sounds like a good max (on highest brightness setting)
That is what I am hoping that that it is for.

Well if it's like 5-6 hours on the low battery settings than we should have no problems

That's really cool!
I hope at the very least it's 3 hours
This would be really good for being in the car if you're going somewhere far away. :D

The tablet part seems fragile so I wouldn't want to carry it every single place I go. I don't mind it being more of a home based console. As long as the charger can charge it while I "game" comfortably, I'll be fine <3

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Mizunil
The tablet part seems fragile so I wouldn't want to carry it every single place I go. I don't mind it being more of a home based console. As long as the charger can charge it while I "game" comfortably, I'll be fine <3
True especially when you have butter fingers like me :rotfl:

One thing I think will be nice tho is that if you are playing on the big screen and then some needs it for something, you can still play your games on the tablet :)

Reactions: Mizunil
As long as it has a USB charging cable, I wouldn't mind.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
One thing I think will be nice tho is that if you are playing on the big screen and then some needs it for something, you can still play your games on the tablet :)

That was really one of the main goals for the Wii U... But as you can see, the Wii U did terrible. Hopefully this will be better.

Hmm according to Nintendo The battery life for the Nintendo 3DS is between three and five hours if you're playing a Nintendo 3DS game. If you're playing a Nintendo DS game on the 3DS, the 3DS's battery might last anywhere between five and eight hours.

Hmm if the the 3ds battery is "3 hours" then the switch could have similar battery life...

I can play 3DS games (basically only ones I got) on my 2DS (same theoretical battery life as a 3DS) and it lasts about 6-7 hours on medium lighting settings (3/5) and the wifi switched off! And that's until the battery indicator is flashing red, not completely out of battery! If it's something around the same level of battery life then I think we are all good! Sure, we won't be getting 8+ hours like with old handhelds but as long as we get a good 5.5-6 hours (medium settings) it should be fine, the games are gonna need too much processing anyway so expecting battery to last too long isn't so logical...

Last edited:
I am damn sure it it not true!
Nintedo surely will not do this .Stamina of 3 hours for console will wierd.Even 3ds has battry life of six to eight hours and so does nintendo 2ds . I believe it will have battery life of eight to nine hours at least .Could go even in higher .There high chances it will have high battlery life.

Three hours seems a little low to me but it is more of a 'home' device so not too bad. I think 5 hours would be the perfect amount, maybe it could get that with lower brightness/WiFi off

I highly doubt it, although even if it was true I wouldn't mind because I can bring it anywhere and return home with all my save data intact (At least I would think)! 3 Hours isn't too bad, I mean think about all the power the games need for the Switch! If it's on the handheld part of the switch (you know, the portable game-pad you can bring, that's why it's called the switch) then it needs a lot of power and it could drain it fast! So I could understand 3 Hours if it was true, but think it will be something like 4 Hours (Maybe a bit more with lower brightness and Wi-Fi off like "Ashkil" said) :)

Ugh, this again. What I want to see is a portable console with a battery life made to last at least 5 hours for more than a year. I know that seems like a stretch, but come on, it's 2017 pretty soon. I think we should be able to see improvements on every aspect of complaint from the Wii U into the Switch, if Nintendo is indeed set on improving the Quality Of Life. There's also a lot to consider for this use of battery, like how much power and processing it's going to take in order to play some of these games.

Looking back at this, apparently a recent test from press shows off the battery life and the switch beats the iPad on the main menu on battery-life. Ingame, however, has shorter battery. If you have max brightness and wifi on breath of the wild will last you 2 and a half hours, but on normal brightness you'll get the 3 hours as described in the presentation. Moderate battery life for a incredibly powerful portable, but with USB-C, power banks will help out

This reminds me of the controversy between nintendo 3ds battery life and ps vita battery life. All this speculation is in vain. In my case, I don´t really care how much the battery lasts, because I know I am going to be playing it anywhere, so I am going to carry my ac adapter anywhere i go

Also looking back. xD The Switch is capable. In general. I'm amazed at how much it can do and how long it can play such quality games for. The fact that they've removed a Nintendo-specific charging cable is mind blowing for me, since I definitely expected otherwise. That's a pretty big game-changer for constant Switch users. I was kind of doubting them for a bit, but I think Nintendo is finally listening to their fans.

Back