Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Samuel_1802

Samuel_1802

Nintendo Mobile Game Junkie
Towns Folk
45224-Pokemon_Emerald_(U)(TrashMan)-21.png

I've been thinking about starting some sort of Nuzlocke challenge for the past couple ofweeks. It's been months since I've replayed any kind of Pokémon game so adding this extra layer of difficulty should make it more interesting~

If you don't know what a Wedlocke challenge is, I'll leave a brief explanation. Basically, it's a variation of the traditional Nuzlocke challenge so only the first Pokémon from each area may be caught and if a Pokémon faints it's considered dead and must be released or permanently boxed. The catch is that Pokémon are paired according to their gender, and you may only switch between those two Pokémon in battle, so intheory you have 3 teams of 2 instead of a single team of 6. If you want a more in-depth explanation, the creator of this challenge, Marriland, has a video about it:

I wanted to make a thread about it to allow you Pedians to contribute to some of the decisions on my adventure, as well having it documented. That being said... this is the first contribution I want from you! I want my Pokémon to be nicknamed around a certain theme. I've narrowed them down to 3 themes, but I'm not sure which one I want the most. So simply vote on the poll to choose the theme you like most~

The Wedlocke will start on Friday, May 19th!

Reactions: 3905
Cool, and thats cute litten pic

Reactions: Samuel_1802
Due to personal reasons, I haven't been able to start the Wedlocke >.< The start date will be moved back to May 26th!

It finally begins!

Before I share what's happened so far, I'd like to make a couple things clear:
  • Dupes Clause is in effect: Pokémon from the same evolutionary family may not be caught more than once.
  • Shiny Clause is in effect: if I happen to find a shiny, I'm allowed to catch and use it, even if it's not the first encounter from the route I find it in.
  • There will always be a level limit equal to the next Gym Leader's ace Pokémon's level. When all 8 Gym Leaders are done with (if that happens), the final level limit will be equal to the Champion's ace.
  • My starter is determined by the last number of my Trainer ID: if it's 1, 2 or 3, it's Treecko. 4, 5 or 6 for Torchic. 7, 8 or 9 for Mudkip. If the number is 0, it's ignored and instead the next number will determine the starter and so on.
  • The starter does not count at Route 101's encounter.
  • Legendary Pokémon are banned (Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Groudon, Kyogre and Larios/Latias are postgame exclusive)
  • Gift Pokémon (Castform, Anorith/Lileep) are allowed to be used. Additionally, they're the only Pokémon obtainable in their respective areas (Weather Institute and Rustboro City). Beldum is postgame exclusive, hence why it's not included.
  • The "Underwater" will be counted as a single area, no matter from where I dive from.
With that out of the way, let's get started!

I started out and decided to play as a female trainer, I always found May's design more appealing than Brendan's (sorry Brendan :p). Oh, but this isn't May... this is Hungry's adventure! Once the time was set and I met with the neighbors I headed straight to Route 101. Professor Birch was in trouble like usual, and asked for help by letting me use a Pokémon from his bag... but first I had to check my Trainer ID! It turns out it ended with 9, so my starter is Mudkip! Decided to give him the name "Slushie".

cdCiICR.jpg

v1tqgAb.jpg

Battled the Zigzagoon that was chasing Birch.Everything went smoothly. We went back to the Lab and the Professor asked me to look for Brendan. Apparently he was on Route 103. (Note: wild Pokémon found during this time did NOT count as the encounters because Poké Balls aren't available at this point of the game). Just like I was told, Brendan was researching the fauna of Route 103 for Birch. He decided to introduce me to the world of Pokémon Trainers by providing me with my first Trainer battle. He didn't know what he had coming :sneaky: His Treecko went down to a couple Tackles from Slushie, no big deal.

GIhMzQX.jpg

With his pride hurt, Brendan went back to Littleroot and me to tag along. Back in the Lab Birch giftted me with a Poké Dex and Brendan gave me 5 Poké Balls, so now the Wedlocke can start properly! On the way out, I got the Running Shoes from mom. No more walking! And with that, I set foot on Route 101, ran in the grass for a bit and got my first encounter...

261.gif
Poochyena!
Used Mud Slap a couple times to weaken her since it's weaker than Tackle. I didn't want to risk a random crit. She was easily caught. Because of her black fur I decided to name her "Blackberry". She and Slushie now conformed the first pair of my team :)

Before advancing through Route 102, I went to Route 103 to get another encounter. This time it was...

263.gif
Zigzagoon!
All I needed was a single Tackle from Slushie to knock her into the yellow range. Checked a Poké Ball and she was caught. Named her "Carrot". I don't have any particular reason for it, it just seems to fit her. She has Pickup, which will come in handy to get some extra items!

Went back to Oldale where I bought 10 Poké Balls (and got a bonus Premier Ball) and a couple Potions. With the roadblock to Route 102 out of the way, I advanced. First thing i did was walk into the grass and the first male Pokémon I found was...
265.gif
Wurmple! (gasp!)
This guy didn't put much of a fight, given he was only Lv.3. He was easily caught. I gave him the name "Gummy" because he reminds me of gummy worms, easily the best kind of gummies! :p What will he evolve into I wonder? We'll find out soon ;) He and Carrot now conform the second pair of the team.

Before moving on, I decided to grind up everyone up to Lv.8 to match Slushie's level. It was relatively quick. Carrot found a few items while training: 2 Great Balls, a Repel, a couple Potions and an X Attack. Sweet! Oh and Gummy evolved... into Cascoon! It looks like I'm getting a Dustox.

y20zK8f.jpg

This is all I've done up to this point. From here I want you all to do something. I won't be nicknaming Pokémon from here on out. I'll leave a list of the Pokémon available as possible encounters in upcoming areas and I want you to suggest nicknames for them! I'll compile them in a list and choose from there when I catch a Pokémon.

Route 104:
183.gif
278.gif
276.gif

Petalburg Woods:
285.gif
287.gif
276.gif

Route 116:
063.gif
290.gif
300.gif
293.gif
276.gif

Rusturf Tunnel:
293.gif

Current Team:
258.gif
261.gif

Slushie Lv.8 & Blackberry Lv.8

263.gif
268.gif

Carrot Lv.8 & Gummy Lv.8

Level Limit: 15

Next update should be up when (and if) I beat the first Gym Leader, Roxanne!

Reactions: Bagel
I still need nickname suggestions for these Pokémon! Remember that the theme is "food" :p

Route 104:
183.gif
278.gif
276.gif

Petalburg Woods:
285.gif
287.gif
276.gif

Route 116:
063.gif
290.gif
300.gif
293.gif
276.gif

Rusturf Tunnel:
293.gif

Suggestions!
183.gif
- Blueberry
278.gif
- Bagel
285.gif
- Mushroom (Wow, original!)
287.gif
- Chocolate
276.gif
- Chicken

063.gif
- Kale (Because kale is a smart food!)
290.gif
- Coconut
300.gif
- Cream
293.gif
- Raspberry

Reactions: Samuel_1802
Suggestions!
183.gif
- BlueJello
278.gif
- FrenchFry (because seagulls seem to really like frenchfries from McDonald's
285.gif
- BoiledEgg(similar coloring to Pokémon eggs
287.gif
- LaffyTaffy
276.gif
- TuttiFruity (its a jelly bean flavor)

063.gif
- Cheddar
290.gif
- Radish
300.gif
- Pomegranate
293.gif
- Acai

Reactions: Danny and Samuel_1802
Quick update: I have made the progress I mentioned. However, I haven't had the time to sit down and type what's happened so far because of irl stuff. It should be up tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest!

Reactions: Fantivity
Ah, sorry about not having an update today.This week's been busier than expected :( I've also got a big Chemistry test on Friday so I've been spending much of my time studying. I'll have it up by then. Again, my apologies :oops:

Ah, sorry about not having an update today.This week's been busier than expected :( I've also got a big Chemistry test on Friday so I've been spending much of my time studying. I'll have it up by then. Again, my apologies :oops:

Well, I did all my studying, so I managed to write it a bit earlier :D

(NOTE: I made progress before I got the nickname suggestions, so the Pokémon in the party will not have any nicknames. They'll get their nicknames once I have access to the Name Rater in Slateport City, if I get there).

I picked back up right where I left the game: plowed through the trainers in Route 102 and arrived at Petalburg City. As usually, I went to see Dad (aka Norman), and went through the catching Pokémon tutorial with Wally. There wasn't much else to do in the city so I just went straight to Route 104. This is a new area so you know what this means... Walking in the grass I got my first Pokémon and it was...

183.gif
Marril! This guy only knew Tackle and Defense Curl, so he wasn't much of a threat. I caught him after lowing his health using Slushie. (Didn't nickname him back then but his nickname will be Blue Jello). He has Huge Power for his ability, which is decent. Not as good as in future gens because all Water-type attacks are special, but he can get some boosted coverage moves. He'll have to stay alone for now.

YKx1LBp.jpg

There wasn't much left in the route, besides some berries, and a few trainers that went down easily thanks to the grinding from earlier. While doing that something special happened... Gummy reached Lv.10 and evolved again, into Dustox! Nice :)

wrszqP0.jpg

Now it was time to head through Petalburg Woods... so I get to catch a new Pokémon! After several dupes and male Pokémon that I couldn't catch,the first female I found was...
285.gif
Shroomish! (yay!). I actually really wanted Shroomish to pair up with Blue Jello, since they make a nice core and they'd do great together against Roxanne, both being able to hit her Pokémon for super effective damage. She was a bit tough to catch since she inflicted poison on Blackberry with Effect Spore and was able to restore HP using Absorb, so deciding to not risk losing Blackberry, I threw an Ultra Ball Carrot found earlier. She was caught on the first try (like Blue Jello, she isn't nicknamed for now, her nickname will be Mushroom).

JpxeEgn.jpg

Before continuing on, I decided to grind up Blue Jello and Mushroom up to Lv.8 to allow them to catch up a bit to the res of the team, who were all Lv.9, except for Gummy who was Lv.10.

Back in Petalburg Woods, there was a guy looking for a Shroomish... I'm not giving him my Mushroom though! He was suddenly assaulted a by a Team Aqua Grunt, so I had to defend the poor guy. He had a pretty tough Lv.9 Poochyena, but Blackberry was able to get rid of it because she was the superior Pooch :p

Vk588zr.jpg

With that out of the way, I finished going through the woods. Once on the other side of Route 104, I got the TM for Bullet Seed from a bystander. I taught it to Mushroom over Absorb. While she loses the ability to steal HP, Bullet Seed will be doing more damage most of the time, plus she'll learn Leech Seed and Mega Drain in the future, so I though the trade off was worth it. I also visited the Pretty Petal Flower Shop and got a free berry. There were some twins on the route who used a Seedot and Lotad, but since they don't know any Grass moves at the level they were at, I decided it was a good chance to try out Blue Jello and Mushroom :D They went down easily, Astonish and Bide weren't exactly... threatening.

I arrived at Rustboro City shortly after. Healed and stocked up on medicine at the Mart. I went in the Gym and took care of the Gym Trainers for some easy Exp., but I wanted to grind everyone up to Lv.14 before attempting to challenge Roxanne. And boy it took a while. I didn't want to head towards Route 116 just yet, so I went back to train on Route 104. Something good about this though is that Carrot found a ton of items, including 2 Ultra Balls, a few Great Balls, Potions, Super Potions, Repels and a Escape Rope. Very useful (and saved me some money!)

Everyone was ready now, so it was time....

iTkbdqn.jpg

I decided that the best pair to attempt this battle with was Blue Jello and Mushroom, for the double advantage. I also equipped both with Oran Berries, should the worst happen. I opened up with Blue Jello as Roxanne sent out her Geodude. It went down to a single Water Gun. Her second Pokémon was another Geodude, I switched to Mushroom when asked if I wanted to, and immediately went back to Blue Jello to spread the Exp. a bit. This second Geodude met the same fate as the first :p Now it was time for the last Pokémon: Nosepass. I switched back to Mushroom and this time decided to stay in. I set up a Leech Seed and paralyzed Roxanne's Nosepass, and after that it came down to spamming Bullet Seed. Nosepass was very resilient (and Roxanne used a Potion), but eventually it went down. Leech Seed kept Mushroom healthy so the Oran Berry wasn't necessary in the end. With that, the first Gym Leader was done with and I received my Stone Badge! :D

That is about all I did. The next update will be up when/if I beat Brawly! Also, for nickname suggestions I will change things up. Since I have a full party now, all Pokémon I catch will go in reserve, so I'll just simply put any new Pokémon I've caught at the end of the updates :)

New Pokémon caught:
183.gif
(Blue Jello)
285.gif
(Mushroom)

Current Team:
258.gif
261.gif

Slushie Lv.14 & Blackberry Lv.14
263.gif
269.gif

Carrot Lv.14 & Gummy Lv.14