Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (aka SMT IV: Apocalypse)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Unfortunately, it's only coming to Japan for now ;~;

Table of Contents :
shin-megami-tensei-iv-final.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final will NOT be a remake or DLC for the original Shin Megami Tensei IV game.

The contents of the game will take place in the same world from Shin Megami Tensei IV and it will provide the player with a multi-story and multi-ending experience. You'll also be able to select partners (all have their own unique skills).

See some screenshots of the game below :

5aiJnh7.jpg

Dmfm0s5.jpg

E1peX67.jpg

Yjdtq2P.jpg

azgAyBZ.jpg

What are your thoughts? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Frisk, Rykito and Valkyri
I'm really interested in this! SMT IV is the only game from the series I have yet to play, but I just got it! Now a "Final" sounds even better! From the screenshots, it seems that the feel of the game is a bit more like the older installments and that's a good thing in my opinion. Also, I really hope for some more depth in party building and more enemies! Anyway, I can't wait to play this!
PS: @Marc, are you doing this on purpose? (reference a series that has to do with something else currently ongoing... you know what I mean:p)

I bet Atlus will bring this to the West. It will be auto-buy for me, since it's been awhile to see Khrisna's comeback (and offer another faction to choose, it seems).

Though it feels more punk and chaotic (the opposite of when you start SMT IV), it feels good and interests me. Now @Marc, you should have yourself finishing all routes on Shin Megami Tensei IV :p

PS: @Marc, are you doing this on purpose? (reference a series that has to do with something else currently ongoing... you know what I mean:p)
Nope.
I bet Atlus will bring this to the West.
Depending on the amount of SMT4 sales in the west maybe >.< Still, I don't see it coming out anytime soon ;~;
Though it feels more punk and chaotic
Mhm :3

The protagonist dies and is revived by the demon god Dagda and he gives him the objective of killing all the gods.

What is it with Japanese games and killing gods?

What is it with Japanese games and killing gods?
Just like how Western treats Greek mythology, for example. Anyway it's a fiction.

More than 80% of Japanese folklore has to do with slaying gods! They just keep using the same thing over and over. At least it's a good thing it never gets old!

A trailer and some live gameplay footage have been revealed :

Trailer :

Gameplay Footage (Japanese) :

Take note, it most likely will contain spoilers.

More information about the game :
  • There wouldn't be chaos or law routes. Instead, it'll only have a neutral route with multiple endings.
  • You do not need to complete SMT4 to enjoy SMT4 Final, however, it'll bring a smile to those who do.
  • The gauntlet on the protagonist is a smartphone (the one in SMT4 could be considered as one as well, but in a different form).
  • Asahi can be considered as the heroine of SMT4 Final.
  • Navarre will have a better role in SMT4 Final.
  • There will be around 450 demons in the game. Medusa and a mermaid will be present.
  • The partner system will be different to SMT4.
  • Conversations with demons will be renewed.
  • Demons will be able to use various types of magic, even ones they aren't specialized in. As for the magic they are specialized in, it'll just be more effective when used.
  • Demon stats have been changed so you'll have a different experience from SMT4.
  • You can raise both humans and demons.
  • Isabeau will make a return. As for Flynn, we'll just have to wait and see.
  • "Final" from SMT4 Final doesn't mean that it's the final game in the SMT series. It just means it's the last in SMT4. There will be SMT5, SMT6 and the list goes on <3

I just started replaying smt iv (stopped after numerous failed attempts to get past the insta kill boss), and I'm happy to know that it follows the neutral ending after starting through the chaos ending >~<

That aside, I'm glad Navarre is coming back, and I'm very interested in seeing how this plays, as apperently it will have a more linear ending route wit multiple endings. Also, did it seem like there was some sort of time limit in the trailer or was that just me (maybe I DID play too much Overclocked) XD regardless, I am HYPED!! Waaaay more then the Fe x Smt game anyways, I didn't think that could have been screwed up the way it's turning out, but that's another debate

@ToxicWolf1132 maybe what you see isn't time limit but moon phase, an original system introduced in SMT series. It affects how you converse with demons, how demons battle you, and even the result of demon fusion.

@Marc I hope the partner system is really improved so I don't have to see my ally cast a magic the boss resists/blocks/absorbs, then it gets smirk and we lose all turn and it strikes and we die :facepalm:

Definitely some of the best news relating to Nintendo consoles I've heard all year. I only just played SMT4 last year but it's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch an amazing game. I still need to get around to beating Overclocked.

Excited to see where they go with the story. Hope they make it less confusing to traverse the map.

Definitely some of the best news relating to Nintendo consoles I've heard all year. I only just played SMT4 last year but it's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch an amazing game. I still need to get around to beating Overclocked.

Excited to see where they go with the story. Hope they make it less confusing to traverse the map.
Or a nice BGM to traverse that horrible overworld map.

@ToxicWolf1132 maybe what you see isn't time limit but moon phase, an original system introduced in SMT series. It affects how you converse with demons, how demons battle you, and even the result of demon fusion.

@Marc I hope the partner system is really improved so I don't have to see my ally cast a magic the boss resists/blocks/absorbs, then it gets smirk and we lose all turn and it strikes and we die :facepalm:
Oh duh, that actually makes sense. Considering that I still can't get past the first major dungeon in Strange Journey though (the only smt game I've played with the moon phase system), I guess that explains why I didn't recognize it. Speaking of games like Strange Journey, I hope they keep the easy mode. I'll never beat it otherwise ;-;

Oh duh, that actually makes sense. Considering that I still can't get past the first major dungeon in Strange Journey though (the only smt game I've played with the moon phase system), I guess that explains why I didn't recognize it. Speaking of games like Strange Journey, I hope they keep the easy mode. I'll never beat it otherwise ;-;
A good tip: keep fusing demons. Those dungeon crawling makes it more difficult since it's based from Etrian Odyssey series.

A good tip: keep fusing demons. Those dungeon crawling makes it more difficult since it's based from Etrian Odyssey series.
Good tip, but Etrian Odyssey is based on Shin Megami's dungeon crawling style.

But...my demon keeps flirting with me! I can't fuse her now, maybe this could be the start of a wonderful happy relationship. We could get married, maybe someday have kids. I said SOME day, I know, I know, you still have a career....I forgot where I was going with this XD

Reactions: dwikrid
Marc, Atlus is definitely bringing it to the west. Just a month or two later than Japan. SMT has become rather big here and they actually localize all the games they can unlike Bandai Tales Studios.

But...my demon keeps flirting with me! I can't fuse her now
I remember keeping Angel in one of my SMT4 runs and she evolved into an armored beast with a spear, :panda:

Retailers are getting their shirts in the game via download codes :

CTHeUvhUEAAmrVb.jpg:large

CTHeBcMUkAEKUCB.jpg:large

Chances are this will only be available in Japan. It'll be cool to see US retailers joining in the fun tho :c

The game looks amazing. I will move to Japan if it doesn't come to western states.

I'm really hyped for this game, the darker plot, the references to older SMT games (namely, the protagonist is a clear expy of the protagonist from SMTIII Nocturne) and the return of what made the originals so awesome, some really controversial characters that I won't divulge :p

Reactions: Theresia
Back