SMT x FE Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem Trailer

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There is no doubt about it. This is definitely an 'on release' buy for me.

If you haven't seen the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer in the April 1st Nintendo Direct, you can have a look at it below. Of course, it was no April Fools joke :p

What are your thoughts about the game's trailer?

Reactions: Neofang64
Well it looks like a very fun RPG game to me :p But especially for you since you like both of the series :p I was really liking on what ND stated that there is going to be like a overworld to explore and I think that it sounds very neat to me :D

... But if you go to ( 0:37 ) in that same video , I see like a bunch of blue Triforces .... :panda: illuminati confirmed :dead:

I honestly have never played a fire emblem or SMT game, so my thoughts will be entirely different. e.e

First off, it looks really pretty, I love the art style. Reminds me of the Lucina/Robin/Captain Falcon reveal video. (Remember that :p?) Secondly, some characters need to put on some clothes >.<)/ I was not prepared to see that. Also, the walking animation of the guy is very erm... lol... I wonder if they'll fix that up. Looks interesting ^.^

I the trailer find somewhat confusing for the reason that I didn't know what direction they were trying to go with it. It was great nonetheless! I'm on the same train as rawrrie, as I also haven't played any of the FE or SMT series. Maybe this game will be a first for me!

It's not a traditional SMT X FE, but rather a world of FE with SMT elements (or even Persona). Still, it's a pretty good spin-off, not a mere mash-up.

I don't buy Illuminati stuff; SMT itself is already religious-themed (with defeating God as a choice).

There is no doubt about it. This is definitely an 'on release' buy for me.

If you haven't seen the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer in the April 1st Nintendo Direct, you can have a look at it below. Of course, it was no April Fools joke :p

What are your thoughts about the game's trailer?

Honestly, I was a bit confused by the trailer. I haven't played any SMT games (if Persona don't count), but I imagined something like Fire Emblem Awakening-like x SMT IV (by judging by the description many people gave of it), and honestly, when I saw the modern approach, I was a bit... confused.

But, I won't judge, not enough gameplay has been shown. However, I did like the anime approach, so, I'll be waiting for the next trailer. Also, is that Tiki from FE in that trailer, or am I having hallucinations ?

I loved the trailer. It was so pretty and fun to watch, and I recognized a few of the Fire Emblem characters. But, I didn't immediately assume FE x SMT, in fact, that game didn't even come to mind!! I kind of want this game, but I'll have to see more to decide. I haven't played a SMT game after all, so I can't be sure if I'll like it until I get more gameplay.

My reactions:
What is this?
That blue guy kinda looks like Marth...
What is going on? o.o
What did the girl just do? >.>
Whoa! Walking!
This looks cool....
This song is cool
No release date? D:

I'm not sure what to think about it, it looks a bit weird and so does the Fire Emblem characters. I can't tell if the blue-haired guy is Sigurd, Marth or someone else, and there were several others that weren't so easy to identify.

I won't judge until I see more, but I can tell it's not the kind of game I'd want my parents to see me play.

I'm eager to see how these two games are put together. The trailer doesn't exactly show enough to gameplay to judge entirely, but I'll be playing it regardless. I'm a huge fan of the FE series, and I've never played a SMT game, but I play a few to get accustomed to the universe before I jump into this game.

At least they didn't bring the feet from FE:Awakening over :p

Back