• Thread starter Leaandro15
  • Start date

N3ds or Nintendo Switch

• Total voters
Leaandro15

Leaandro15

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Can you guys please help me I really want to get a New Nintendo 3ds Pokemon 20 Anniversary with faceplates and with Pokémon Red and Blue or should I get a Nintendo Switch that has a bundle honestly can't decide the reason why I want a New 3ds because my old 3ds xl's circle pad broke and it feels uncomfortable to play some games in my 3ds xl now that my circle pad broke and the 3ds is old and what if some handheld comes out next year or in 2019 because it's dying slowly just like Wii U when Nintendo fans were leaking the next Nintendo console. Also I want to get a Nintendo Switch because it barely came out this year and some great titles are coming Holiday 2017 and in the future and it will be the first time I get a system by myself with my own money because most of my systems were bought by my parents or given to me by my family hopefully you guys can help me out so I can choose what to buy I would appreciate it a lot.

I recommend you get the Nintendo switch as the 3ds really is dead and the only major title coming in the near future is Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon, which aren't really worth spending $200 to play. The 3ds really is dying as a console too. The switch will last you at least 5 years and it is a far better portable than the 3ds is.

You can get a new circle pad button for a cheap price xD
You just have to ask help to someone who knows what it's doing.
As for getting the switch...I know I wouldn't get one now. If I was you, I would buy neither one and save the money for a possible new version of switch with major improvements on its design and software. ;)

I recommend you get the Nintendo switch as the 3ds really is dead and the only major title coming in the near future is Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon, which aren't really worth spending $200 to play. The 3ds really is dying as a console too. The switch will last you at least 5 years and it is a far better portable than the 3ds is.
Yea that's what I was thinking it's pretty much dead and the Nintendo Switch is the only thing trending rn so the 2ds xl was the only thing that made it alive although lot of people didn't buy it this is a situation like the time I bought a dsi xl in 2010 it was super late because I think the original ds came out in 2005 and when I bought my 2010 dsi xl the last Pokémon game available was Pokemon Black and White and I think that's when the first 3ds launched because I saw it one time at Best Buy just new and was new later more news ones were being made like ds lite,dsi and it had a new feature which was the camera to take pics which was cool.

You can get a new circle pad button for a cheap price xD
You just have to ask help to someone who knows what it's doing.
As for getting the switch...I know I wouldn't get one now. If I was you, I would buy neither one and save the money for a possible new version of switch with major improvements on its design and software. ;)
That's what came to my mind as well Nintendo always launches some new device whether it's new or old and they keep on doing that a quite a lot like Pokemon Sun and Moon many people bought the dual packs for $80 dollars and I know most of us do that and after fans finished the game and all Nintendo released a trailer of a new Pokémon game which is Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon tbh I was quite mad because the game barely came out and stuff and people were getting used to it when out of nowhere it gets launched wow also I think Gamefreak and Nintendo are rushing things fast because this could of waited and released next year around Spring ,but I guess not meaning that the 3ds is technically dead so yea I kind of do want to wait ,but what about the games like Mario Odyssey and Pokken DX Tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think games like Mario Odyssey and DX Tournament will go away. ^^" Yeah sure, it sucks to lose that time when everybody is crazy about it but Nintendo always rush things. I remember when the 3DS came out and I was like "I totally want this!", a few months after they released a much bigger screen console and those problems with your 3Ds looking dirty because of the fingerprints were also fixed with the new "shell". I'm glad I didn't take the first one!
That's why I advise people to not buy the Switch for now, unless you really really really want it and you don't mind all those problems it has now. ^^

I don't think games like Mario Odyssey and DX Tournament will go away. ^^" Yeah sure, it sucks to lose that time when everybody is crazy about it but Nintendo always rush things. I remember when the 3DS came out and I was like "I totally want this!", a few months after they released a much bigger screen console and those problems with your 3Ds looking dirty because of the fingerprints were also fixed with the new "shell". I'm glad I didn't take the first one!
That's why I advise people to not buy the Switch for now, unless you really really really want it and you don't mind all those problems it has now. ^^
True you're right I should wait for a better one comes out because this always happens with systems for example PlayStation Sony released the PS4 and then more of them and I was like what the heck when it came my brother wanted to get it bad ,but then he didn't want to because it costed a lot and plus he wanted to get a lot of Gamesa and buy online play and you see how there's a PS4 pro coming out this is ridiculous man.

True you're right I should wait for a better one comes out because this always happens with systems for example PlayStation Sony released the PS4 and then more of them and I was like what the heck when it came my brother wanted to get it bad ,but then he didn't want to because it costed a lot and plus he wanted to get a lot of Gamesa and buy online play and you see how there's a PS4 pro coming out this is ridiculous man.

Yeah. And sometimes they even get cheaper. When the 3Ds came, it was between 250 - 300 euros on europe...After that they reduced the price to 200 euros! And that was the first one!
They released a bigger version,and some years after they released the 2Ds, which is basically a normal 3Ds but for the price of 99 euros now because you don't pay for the 3D effects. Can you see how much it changes? It's crazy!
Also, I think you still got a few titles on the 3Ds that are pretty good. Yeah the system is starting to die, but if you search good enough you will find nice old stuff! :p
And the Switch is still a baby man. Look at the library. Let it grow, let it grow xD

Yeah. And sometimes they even get cheaper. When the 3Ds came, it was between 250 - 300 euros on europe...After that they reduced the price to 200 euros! And that was the first one!
They released a bigger version,and some years after they released the 2Ds, which is basically a normal 3Ds but for the price of 99 euros now because you don't pay for the 3D effects. Can you see how much it changes? It's crazy!
Also, I think you still got a few titles on the 3Ds that are pretty good. Yeah the system is starting to die, but if you search good enough you will find nice old stuff! :p
And the Switch is still a baby man. Look at the library. Let it grow, let it grow xD
You're right it's barley starting and Nintendo wants to reel in players wanna know why?
  1. The Nintendo Switch barely came out so people are obviously going to be so impatient to buy it and sometimes they end up releasing better systems jus like they released the Wii mini when the Wii came out.
  2. They start off by releasing great games and once they get enough money "Ohhhh the Nintendo NX is going to lanch on 2018 summer"if this was to happen I would be laughing at the people who bought the cheap Nintendo Switch with bad controllers.
Hopefully they don't do the same thing as they did with the 3ds because it's annoying they got to stop honestly or else no players will want to play their products since they rush things too fast .

Reactions: Koneca
well,I kinda get it. They are a company and what do companies want? Money of course xD
But what annoys me off is how could they release a new console with such issues?

I mean, c'mon, Nintendo. We know you are in a hurry, but those mistakes are so noticeable x_x
I can't believe you let'em pass!

Also, is the Nintendo NX still a thing? xD
I'm more into heldhand consoles.. But switch being an hibrid makes me confused!
Anyway. I think you already decided what you will do. About your 3Ds button, you can get one here: [link] Mine broke too after playing the Smash Bros demo xD
Just be careful when you open your 3Ds, get some help if you see it's better ;)

well,I kinda get it. They are a company and what do companies want? Money of course xD
But what annoys me off is how could they release a new console with such issues?

I mean, c'mon, Nintendo. We know you are in a hurry, but those mistakes are so noticeable x_x
I can't believe you let'em pass!

Also, is the Nintendo NX still a thing? xD
I'm more into heldhand consoles.. But switch being an hibrid makes me confused!
Anyway. I think you already decided what you will do. About your 3Ds button, you can get one here: [link] Mine broke too after playing the Smash Bros demo xD
Just be careful when you open your 3Ds, get some help if you see it's better ;)
I think I'll stick to this 3ds xl and I'm ok I'm probably just going to wait thanks for helping out on this @Koneca you're really nice and yea the Nintendo Switch has been getting a lot of errors hopefully they go away with the next console they really need to stop rushing I swear man they better chill xD and take a break also hopefully get a Nintendo Switch soon and do what's your friend code for the 3ds?

Reactions: Koneca
I would say go with witch ever your interested in. At the moment the switch has little games but that's going to change eventually. The 3ds has lots of games and are still having some made for it right now. Ether one you get I am sure you would have fun with and enjoy all the games for it. Just be careful and if you get the switch make sure to get a screen protector for it cause people are still having problems with the dock messing the screen up .

I have wondered this kind of questions for a long time, in different console periods. I remeber the time I was about to purchase my first console (with my own money, the one I got from my work) and the dicotomy was between the nintendo game cube and the PlayStation 2. So I asked a friend of mine, and he told me, the answer is simple, it is up to what you want to play, you want to play mario, get the game cube, you want to play god of war, get PlayStation. In the end, I ended up getting both consoles.
So in this case, I recommend any of the two consoles (in my case, I would go for the two of them), what could be useful for you to decide is the games, which in the end, those are the ones you are gonna be playing.

Back