Splatoon 2 Should I get Splatoon 2?

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
So I recently got the Nintendo Switch with Zelda BOTW and I'm near finishing it. I tried the Splatfest and I really enjoyed Splatoon 2 and I'm thinking of getting it. However I'm not completely sure as I didn't play very long and I never had a Wii U. I am not looking to get Mario kart 8 deluxe since eventually there will be a Mario kart 9 (or some other name) for the switch. So should I get Splatoon 2? How long will the game last me (single and multiplayer)?

Well, it depends on how hooked you get on it. I was the same with the original Splatoon, the first demo left me on the fence, but when I tried it again I simply had to buy it! I played consistently since it released, even to this day.

As for how long it'd last you. Well, single player is very short, and it's aimed at teaching you some skills for multiplayer as well as showing you how some weapons work. Should last you about 6-10 hours (without replaying any levels for the unlockables). Multiplayer is dependent completely on your interest. If it's of any value to you, Nintendo already confirmed that they'll have free DLC support for a year, and Splatfests (live multiplayer events) will happen for at least 2 years like the original Splatoon.

Personally I recommend you get if you enjoy online multiplayer games.

Reactions: Arshan
I am undecided about this game, but weirdly decided to buy it anyway. I had a short go on the demo and it looks sort of fun. Not sure how long I will be interested in it, is not my kind of game at all. I think the kids and husband will like it more.

Splatoon was good and the second one is better. If you play the test fire you got a taste of the game and what to know about some of the new weapons. I preorder the game and the first day playing the game was fun. Unlike all of the shooter games on xbox and ps, Splatoon 2 has something for everyone, games like call of dutry and halo have you kill each but in Splatoon 2 you dont have to kill each. You dont need to dircty shooting at someone you can just shoot the map or shoot around the person. The single player mode is great but you dont use what you know in single player in muitplayer. The new salmon run is fun and challenges you and your friend to work together, one bad thing there is only 2 maps to play at a time for muitplayer mode for salmon which has one map at a time. Over all Splatoon 2 is a great game sorce 8.5/10, you sure buy it.

I got a wii u with splatoon built in. I wasn't really interested in splatoon before I got my wii u but, when I played it it was surprisingly really fun. I quickly got attached. Splatfest was really fun and exciting as well. The game hooked me when I first played it and it still does to this day. Single player is also good, especially for practicing. I recommend you get splatoon two because it has the same charm as the first splatoon but, with a bunch of new content. Splatoon 2 has new modes and a new single player that is very fresh. I absolutely recommend it.

Thanks for all the comments guys!
I decided I'll be getting splatoon 2 later this week. As a person who never played splatoon on the Wii U it is a very hard buy as I don't exactly know how much I'd like it. I enjoy shooters in general but this one was a bit different. I can't buy many games in a year so this one was a tough buy. I decided to buy it after reading some of the comments here! Thank you!

Reactions: Marc
Dissapointed that there is no mode for 2 player on the same tv/console ( unless there is, and I just can't find how) . Maybe I should have researched it more, but still the single player looks kind of fun, and will expect that when I get around to playing the multi player, that I will be sharing play time with the boys (3+5) who will be better than me at it I'm sure. I also bought the purple squid amiibo to go with the game, because it is purple.

Dissapointed that there is no mode for 2 player on the same tv/console ( unless there is, and I just can't find how) . Maybe I should have researched it more, but still the single player looks kind of fun, and will expect that when I get around to playing the multi player, that I will be sharing play time with the boys (3+5) who will be better than me at it I'm sure. I also bought the purple squid amiibo to go with the game, because it is purple.
Unfortunately all local multiplayer in Splatoon requires multiple Switches (by accessing The Shoal). Maybe they could implement 2-player splitscreen later, or perhaps in Splatoon 3 but that's a long wait from now. Maybe devs don't want people to screen peek or perhaps being a third person shooter instead of a first person shooter makes less enjoyable. There's no way to predict what Nintendo might do though.

Back