Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Currently I use the GamePad to play Smash, MK8, Super Mario 3D World, and DKC Tropical Freeze. I was wondering if I should get myself a Wii U Pro Controller since I heard it was better than the Wii Remote. I tend to play multiplayer with my brother a lot and one of us has to use the Wii Remote while the other uses the GamePad, and using the Wii Remote is not really fun since all you can work with is a D-Pad and like 6 other buttons. Some people tell me it's not worth but I feel like it is, anyone got some suggestions?

It's really worth it if you value your gamepad. I don't think there's a replacement gamepad in the market if ever your gamepad broke. My brother bought 2 wii u pro controller (black and white) and it's really doing its job. It's good for SSB and works perfectly fine with mario kart 8. Just don't buy the white one. You'd think, "But why? I have a Dualshock controller but it doesn't have too much signs of dust on it". Well, PS white controllers have black analog stick on them, so the dust doesn't seem noticeable. However, white Wii U Pro controllers have pure white on everything on it. So the abused analog sticks are really prone to dust particles and doesn't really come off easily. I'd suggest getting the black one even if it costs higher (well, black ones in place are $2-$5 more expensive than the white one).

I don't own a Wii U but I worked a lot with Wii Us at the office, and I always pick up a controller pro. Seriously, it is worth it. It almost feels like an X360 controller and is way more comfortable than the gamepad. As Faustine said, go for a black one though.

Reactions: 532 and faustine
It is pretty much useless for 3D world and tropical freeze, considering that these games aren`t competitive and you don`t need to get better in them. Mario kart 8 is discussable. I usually use the pro controller when playing mk8, but by using it you lose the gamepad screen with the very useful map. However, I guarantee that you will get much better in Smash bros if you get this controller. It fits the game perfectly, and the pro controller is one of the 2 best controllers in the game (with the other being the gc controller). So... it is basically your choice :cat:

Reactions: 3823
I would recommend the GC adapter because its really reliable even though you have a gamepad you won't need another gampad controller. So it all depends on you. You already have a gamepad

yes i would reccomend it i picket one up at the store last week it just like the wii u game pad just with out a screen and feel's better to hold and if you have brother's or sister's you don't have to fight over the wii u game pad like i did before i had the pro controller so long story short yes i would reccomend it pleas do if you like tha game pad then you should like this evan more.

I have the wii u pro controller and I like it but the only problem I've had with it is I got it used and the left analog stick can sometimes move up or down by itself not the acctual stick but in the game like in smash I would keep jumping but that knly happens when the communications go off then back on again and if gou turn the system off it will work again it is also great for splatoon too;)

Its worth it actually! If you worry about cost, you can get a bootleg one like I did. (this thread is really old) but the bootleg one works nicely and its working great even after a month of use and a lot of play time, its the perfect controller for smash bros along with the game pad, if you still have not got one, get one now! The pro controller is so handy!

I think that the WiiU Pro controller is an excellent addition to the WiiU line, and should definitely be purchased, especially if you are looking into Smash 4 (although it is also great for MK8 and Splatoon). The only issue with it is that the button layout is a little different from, say, an Xbox 1 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back