eeveeruleslol

eeveeruleslol

I'm just some dude who has no idea what he's doing
Towns Folk
should rwby be counted as an anime yes or no

No... lawd no.

No, because it isn't.

I think @Alex thinks differently ;~;
i just want to know why, i hope i not being mean, but i would like his option and why he think that

@eeveeruleslol: Well for one, I don't care for the series that much. Another factor, is that its more a Roosterteeth thing. Don't be fooled, it may Look like anime, but it is not. (I am aware there are 3D CGI series' that are anime, but this does not fall in that category either.)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and eeveeruleslol
@eeveeruleslol: Well for one, I don't care for the series that much. Another factor, is that its morhe a Roosterteeth thing. Don't be fooled, it may Look like anime, but it is not. (I am aware there are 3D CGI series' that are anime, but this does not fall in that category either.)
ok, thanks for the information

Reactions: Ace
To understand why it's not an anime, we have to understand what defines an anime. Anime by the Japanese definition means animation of any kind, meaning all cartoons, animated films, any media animated around the world could be considered an anime in Japan. (i.e. Steven Universe, Gravity Falls and Powerpuff Girls would be an anime.)

However, that does us no good in categorizing what RWBY is. In the western world we define anime as exclusively being Japanese animation, to seperate it from cartoons and the like. Any form of animated media in Japan could be called anime, but any animation made outside Japan has its own label like a cartoon. Rooster Teeth is stationed in Austin, Texas, US, and is responsible for creating and producing RWBY. Therefore by the latter's definition, RWBY is not an anime. If there's anything to call it by, it's likely a web video series.

Personally speaking, it's also a tad annoying that Crunchyroll, who use the latter definition of anime, decided to put RWBY into their service.

Reactions: Mizunil and Ace
I honestly don’t know what it would be classified as. Rooster Teeth created the show, and they called it an “American Anime”. By definition, this would be incorrect, as there is no such thing as American anime.

Anime, if I recall correctly, is defined as “Japanese Animation”. So, how could there be such a thing as American anime? Truth be told, there couldn’t be. The best way I would classify this is an American animation, or American series.

Anime is strictly japanese animated shows, however RWBY is an american animated show done in a similar style to anime with cgi added. I dont believe it is anime because of these reasons. However regardless of its origins, many anime fans seem to enjoy this show very much.

Back