Should the miiverse be less strict?

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
It kinda feels like,people get banned too easily.
Some content that could be interprated as bad,but isnt bad,gives you strikes for example.
You cant give yotube channel names,even tho there is an youtube section.

Miiverse feels like one of those things that you just have to ask why is this here. The worst thing about it is you can't share friend codes, which defeats the purpose of friend codes: add people you like to your friend list so you can play games together. Another thing is they have pokemon communities, but thanks to no friend code sharing, you can't set up trades or battle with each other. I've been trying to set up a trade with a guy named jon (don't know his nnid), but since I can't get his friend code, I have to set up a ridiculous trade on the gts and hope he picks it up.

I think that it might be too late to change whatever Miiverse is now. Although I never really experienced the situation myself (since I don't even want to use Miiverse), I guess that this is Nintendo's way of handling the situation. It's very restrictive and probably already corrupted by now...

Let's just describe Miiverse as what your signature says, @Eightcoins :x

Miiverse feels like one of those things that you just have to ask why is this here. The worst thing about it is you can't share friend codes, which defeats the purpose of friend codes: add people you like to your friend list so you can play games together. Another thing is they have pokemon communities, but thanks to no friend code sharing, you can't set up trades or battle with each other. I've been trying to set up a trade with a guy named jon (don't know his nnid), but since I can't get his friend code, I have to set up a ridiculous trade on the gts and hope he picks it up.
Nintendo just doesn't want the "Swapnote Situation" all over again. Although the Animal Crossing player found a loophole, until the mods started to scan pictures...

Isn't miiverse supposed to replace swapnote, so there is no way something like that can ever happen again.

I'm still helplessly hopeful that this site can go somewhere. Lotta art-types use the site to get recognized.
I'd hate to see it get to the point where those guys are forbidden too.

Nintendo just doesn't want the "Swapnote Situation" all over again. Although the Animal Crossing player found a loophole, until the mods started to scan pictures...
Wii U Chat is pretty much the "Swap Note Situation" again
I also question if theres point in have an Biding of Isaac community,due to 60% of games content being propably against the rules of miiverse.Why are there even communities for M rated games,if mature content most likely is going to get you banned?

Reactions: Bobcam7!
Miiverse is kind of a broken community in itself. It's kind of hard to talk about some content without being worried about getting banned. For the most part I just use miiverse for posting mario maker levels and comments, but I really do seeing some of the fanart every now and then. But yea I also agree that Nintendo is pretty strict on what goes on miiverse, and if I did want to post something I'd word it real carefully so that I don't get banned for some stupid reason. Plus I think Mario Maker would become useless online if I didn't have miiverse anymore >.>

there's a new way to share fc's type F.R.I.E.N.D C.O.D.E then ur fc admins dont even understand

there's a new way to share fc's type F.R.I.E.N.D C.O.D.E then ur fc admins dont even understand
that method is quite outdated,the miiverse admins already know that trick

Can someone explain the swapnote situation
But really i got banned once for typing "project M"
Oh, sorry nintendo, someone made your cheap game good! (My reply to friends)
Why can't you share FC's? LOL we should get everyone over to this website!

I think the swapnote situation is they added photo sharing to swapnote, then internet happened.
Project m is a fangame I think, so you definately will get banned for that.
You can do that if you want, but that might get you permabanned.

And yet, we have fanfic and fanart of Animal Crossing characters in adult situations. Does it occur to Nintendo that not only kids are playing this game?

But they are the ones that make games for kids. Or at least that is the image they want to project, which is probably the biggest reason there even was a swapnote situation.

Of course.

Miiverse used to be OK, untill the dread redesign and post limit was forcibly inplemented without any of the user's democratic opinion on the subject matter. The Miiverse mods are too controlling. It can be compared to a country like North Korea (no democracy, too controlled, no freedom of speech, controls what you say)

Also they try to make Miiverse "game-centered" as possible, without caring for freedom of speech. The YouTube community was recently changed and on the European and Japanese YTCs, users cant post comments and discussions. Freedom of speech is almost non existent.

Many users have formed clans/rebellions/uprisings to post protests to show their dissatisfaction of the harsh updates, but to no avail. The verified users (Tom, Amy, Erika) seem to ignore the comments. Especially Erika.

Also, this.
Untitled.png

I think the swapnote situation is they added photo sharing to swapnote, then internet happened.
Project m is a fangame I think, so you definately will get banned for that.
You can do that if you want, but that might get you permabanned.

"Project M" is a fangame created out of exploits from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Basically, it's a Brawl hack that includes tons of modifications, such as more fighter slots, advance animation mod, pretty much remaking the game's features. Of course Nintendo would ban anyone who mentions "Project M". Smash Bros. is their pride and joy!

"Project M" is a fangame created out of exploits from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Basically, it's a Brawl hack that includes tons of modifications, such as more fighter slots, advance animation mod, pretty much remaking the game's features. Of course Nintendo would ban anyone who mentions "Project M". Smash Bros. is their pride and joy!
Still brawl is sad compared to project m

I have heard of people who got banned over using the initials PM, mainly to refer to pokemon mystery dungeon, and aside from the whole project m fiasco, there are so many stupid things in forced, mainly friend codes described above. Nintendo needs to learn how to do this. Also charging people $1 of they're under 18 is stupid.

Paying $1 if your under 18 is news to me. When'd that happen?

Lol triple post, but I remember being charged a dollar for something... Hmmm... Had to set my age to 18 to avoid fee, however fee might only be for those 13 or younger, cause I was 11 when this happened

Back