Should Yoshi have a new game without the use of wool?

• Thread starter Happy190
  • Start date
Happy190

Happy190

The Shyguy
Towns Folk
As you may know, 2 Yoshi games contain the concept of everything being crafted with the use of home materials. There is another game using this art style with Yoshi in a cardboard environment announced at E3, but from the looks of it, Yoshi. I'm personally tired of this for Yoshi and try something different for the next game. I bought Yoshi's Woolly World, knowing the game is supposed to be relaxing and cute. After advancing through a few levels, I got bored of there being no challenge. This is just me judging the game just from the first few stages so the game may have picked up later on or this wasn't the right game for me. Back to the subject on hand, would you prefer a new Yoshi game ditching the concept of wool or a game not using an artstyle based off of real life materials?

Edit: It probably wasn't a good idea making this while I was tired. Made a few adjustments to the paragraph above after realizing the new Yoshi game is about exploring a diorama.

Last edited:
Actually, the art style of the Yoshi game revealed at E3 2017 is more of a Cardboard - cutout style, and you can flip sides when stomping on the ground. I'm actually not sure if Yoshi is made out of wool in this game.

I don't see what's the problem with the wool aesthetic x3 Yoshi has always been more about cute art and simple difficulty.

Though the new game's art isn't just wool, it mixes many materials together, which manages to look much better.

He just wants a real Yoshi game like the rest of us @Undine.
I would like that too honestly. (Been too long since I last played a game like Yoshi's island. That was a real Yoshi game.)

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Yeeeeeess

I'm tired of Japanese Guy or Other Japanese Guy bein' like "Here at Nintendo, we like to invent new things, etc. blah blah blah... Who needs 'normal' games when you can re-invent the whole damn wheel???" (paraphrased; may be biased and unaccurate)

Because people like wheels. Wheels work. If you make it octagonal or triangular, folks aren't gonna be happy. Duh.
<insert "Hello in there, McFly!" meme>

New stuff is amazing. But they're going in the wrong direction, I think. Kirby's Epic Yarn? Yoshi's Wooly World? What's next, "Mario Visits GrandmaTowne"??

I'd like to see Yoshi back in his normal form, licking shy guys and throwing eggs or whatever he does. Maybe make him like Kirby; throw exploding or lightning eggs based on the color of the shy guy he eats. >w<

He just wants a real Yoshi game like the rest of us @Undine.
I would like that too honestly. (Been too long since I last played a game like Yoshi's island. That was a real Yoshi game.)
But the Switch Yoshi is a real Yoshi game, only with a special art style and motif x3 It has the Yoshis and their special abilities from the original, like the ground pound, eating enemies to turn them into eggs, throwing eggs and such, plus several improvements.

It's basically what The Wind Waker is to Zelda, a main series game with a different art style.

But the Switch Yoshi is a real Yoshi game, only with a special art style and motif x3 It has the Yoshis and their special abilities from the original, like the ground pound, eating enemies to turn them into eggs, throwing eggs and such, plus several improvements.

It's basically what The Wind Waker is to Zelda, a main series game with a different art style.

Lies. You imagine things. You're in the matrix. They are fake games. Real games that are fake Yoshi games.

Lies. You imagine things. You're in the matrix. They are fake games. Real games that are fake Yoshi games.
Why? :p

There must be a reason for why they'd be considered fake Yoshi games. Yoshi's Woolly World, yeah, is pretty away from your regular Yoshi game.

But Story, DS and the Switch game look really Yoshi-like.

I actually really like this style. It helps that Kirby's Epic Yarn was my favorite childhood game, so I have a nostalgia bias to games in that style. Plus, it just stylistically makes sense for the series. Yoshi was originally about helping the Mario babies. It makes sense for a game about children to maybe have a more soft and childish feel. Not all platformers need to be challenging, and there are so many platformers, both AAA and indie, that strive to be as hard as possible, that having one or two nice relaxing games is really nice.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Yoshi is the OG and all his games are usually great, but the yarn does throw me off a bit. Personally i think they should come out with another yoshi story I wouldn't mind that. I recently beat the yoshi Island for 3ds and it was a decent breath of fresh air compared to the yarn

I think Yoshi should have a brand new game which is the one coming out in the Switch next year and hopefully it has good graphics with no wool the wool yoshi kind of looked childish and it didn't look like a game that was for teens and adults tbh Yoshi should get a game that goes beyond better one that's like the N64 ,but instead of having to go to the right or to te left hopefully Yoshi gets a game where you can move any direction since most Nintendo Switch games focus on that because it's new and the games should be better than the past ones I honestly believe if a N64ish Yoshi game would be cool instead of a sequel to the Wool or Yoshi Island one I really hope this next upcoming game gets my attention since the games that came out are kind of repetitive please Nintendo you can do your best!!!

its felt, so maybe the next game will be like plastic land

Sure, that would be interesting.

Kirby’s epic yarn was terrible for kirby fans. Why? Because the gameplay was completely redone to make it even more kid friendly than it allready was.
I haven’t played yoshis whooly world yet, but from what i have seen it plays just like any other good old yoshi game. They didn’t completely redo the gameplay so it isn’t really not a yoshi game. These art styles are also kinda a part of the yoshi series. Yoshi’s island had alot of children’s drawings inside. Yoshi’s story mixed children’s drawings with having some landscapes made of cardboard. Epic yarn just goes all out and makes it a mechanic in the game too. I don’t think that yoshi is made of yarn in this new one, but they are going back to the cardboard to the extent that its a 3d diorama that somebody made.

I really enjoy the cute art style! I personally havent played the game. But i would love a normal version with "Mario" like challenges. It would be fun to see all the different mechanics for yoshi. I think it would definitely be a fun spin on the current mario games. Maybe we could play as yoshi helping in the background like a ninja! Just a random thought.

Back