Should Zelda games have another main villain bedsides Ganondorf?

• Thread starter Morgan643DS
  • Start date
Morgan643DS

Morgan643DS

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
So everyone seems really excited for the new Legend of Zelda Wii U, including myself, but I was wondering, what if Nintendo made another new Zelda game, but have Ganondorf no where in sight? I have nothing against Ganondorf, I just feel like he's really too overused in the Zelda games. I know he's the main villain and all, but he could take a small break and not be in one or two games for a while. For example, Majora's Mask. Ganondorf wasn't anywhere in that game and look how successful it is. I'm thinking in a new Zelda game maybe Volga or somebody could be the main villain. Or maybe Nintendo could bring in a brand new villain. Either way would be cool. What do you think? Should Ganondorf take a break from a few Zelda games? Should there be new villains for Link to fight? Let me know what you think.

There were some other villains beside Ganondorf like Demise and Ghirahim, etc. But I guess that I too would like to see newer villains, since having the same thing in Zelda Wii U wouldn't be so attractive since many of the older games are like that. So a new villain/concept would sound great :D

I do suspect that such a thing will happen, after all, I wouldn't really want to hear that " Ganon has breaked from the Sacred Realm again or something :playful:

Reactions: Morgan643DS
In my opinion, I wish to see Yuga and Majora again. {I would say Zant...but he kinda...yanno.} The concept of ALBW was really good and so was Majora's Mask. I'd love a sequel to MM or maybe a sequel to OoT but a Prequel to MM? Like where he went and stuff while searching for Navi. A new villain would be great regardless, especially in a already beloved world, like The Great Sea or maybe a sequel to Spirit Tracks...I'd love to see that happen.

I mean Ganandorf is kind of the main villain, but I think nintendo should maybe go witha side story, and have another character be the Main Villian. Skyward Sword's main villian was demise, and demise was thiught to be related to Ganandorf. Girahim is the villian that bothers you throughout the game. In Ocarina, Twilight Princess, and basicly loads of other games have Ganandorf related things as their main villian. In my opinion, nintendo should have another side story, not featuring anything related to ganandorf as the main villian.

Yeah it'd be nice to have some change in villian poor old Gannondorf always gets picked on xD
I mean we do have some different characters such as Demise in Skyward Sword but it would be nice to have more than just those, I mean all Ganondorf does is swing his huge swords, turn into a buffalo type character and ride his horse maybe its time for a new character with different stages of death as Ganondorf has his stages, in up coming Zelda games.
Mark :D

There were some other enemies besides Ganondorf such as Majora, Zant, the Demon King and even the Phantom King, or whatever his name is from Phantom Hourglass. Yeah, Ganon has been getting a break once in a while so that players don't think they are playing the same re-hashed Zelda game every single time.

I think that while there were games without Ganondorf as the main villain, I think we still could use more variety. Some version of Ganon is in almost every game, even if he isn't the main guy. Having some more villains would be great. Plus, the Zelda series has never really had a likable main villain. People like the villains, but I like likable villains. I don't know how that would work in-universe, but if something like that were to happy I'd be pretty happy. Maybe it's just cause I love villains.

Well, there are a good deal of other Zelda game that feature villains the than Ganondorf, such as Vaati from Four swords, Demise from Skyward Sword, and Zant from Twilight Princess (even if he technically wasn't the main villain of the game). While most of these villains weren't quite as imposing as Gannondorf, they served their purpose quite well as Zelda villains.

Back