KH3D-DDD Signs of A New "The World Ends With You" Game??

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
RichGamerton

RichGamerton

Run Home To Mama Now
Towns Folk
Remember when Neku, Shiki, Rhyme, and Joshua were in Kingdom Hearts 3D- Dream Drop Distance? I thought it was pretty cool. However, after some thought, I thought of this as a signal for a new TWEWY game! I would be happy if it came true. Exploring Shibuya in a 3D environment, full voice acting, and even some DLC is what will make the game shine this time around. Do YOU have any thoughts on the matter?

The TWEWY iOS port also has this tiny bit after the secret ending:
twewy-ios-1.jpg

Lots of people think it is hinting on a sequel and I do hope it is because I like this game so much :D

:)
twewy-ios-1.jpg

Lots of people think it is hinting on a sequel and I do hope it is because I like this game so much :D
twewy-ios-1.jpg

I'm not sure if there will be any new game of The World Ends With You but I have to say that another game of it would totally be awesome and I think lots of people will buy it too :) I still haven't finished the DS game of it but I can say that even a remake would also be appreciated :D

I have no idea if there's gonna be a sequel or not but i remember reading somewhere that the game was never meant to have one. Maybe the games success can warrant a sequel i guess?

BUT IF THERE IS. THE HYPE WILL BE REAL.

Never played the IOS version and didn't know that ending existed but that's awesome. I remember being very hyped for a countdown they had a few years back because I was expecting a sequel but it was only for the ios ports :(

Remember when Neku, Shiki, Rhyme, and Joshua were in Kingdom Hearts 3D- Dream Drop Distance? I thought it was pretty cool. However, after some thought, I thought of this as a signal for a new TWEWY game! I would be happy if it came true. Exploring Shibuya in a 3D environment, full voice acting, and even some DLC is what will make the game shine this time around. Do YOU have any thoughts on the matter?
the ironic thing i find in that is i never of twewy until kingdom hearts 3d

I really hope so The World Ends With You is my favorite game ever!

Reactions: kai_lyoko
As an Admin on the TWEWY (The World Ends With You) Wiki, I really hope so. It will actually give me and some other members of the wiki something to do, as we can only make minor edits for grammatical errors on most pages. I love The World Ends With You, and it deserves more attention than it has now.

By the way, I really do hope the whole Hype-Chan (the Picture that PsycheTrance posted) is a sign of a sequel, and even a Shibuya world in Kingdom Hearts 3 would be appreciated!

Reactions: EpicR
As much as I'd like to see a new TWEWY game, i feel that it's unlikely at least for now, seeing as Square is working on alot of major titles right now, I doubt they'd put their resources into a TWEWY sequel right now. Considering, that we'll be seeing Final Fantasy 7, 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 within the next 2 or so years, and if development of TWEWY would take around the same time, it just wouldn't sell as well as their more popular series of games.

I didn't even realize there was an iOS version of TWEWY. That's pretty interesting. I only picked up TWEWY a little over a month ago because of how its characters appeared in KH3D. I haven't finished it yet, but it seems like it would be worthy of a sequel or a remake for the 3DS. I'd have to finish the game to actually say something on the matter, but that's how I feel as of right now.

I really think a remake for the 3DS would be best. If it gets a sequel, it risks losing some good points about it. It's already a perfect game and there's nothing that needs to be added (other than full voice acting), so a sequel would feel the same, but more boring. Just a remake is enough! Also, about the DLC thing you mentioned, the moment a game starts getting DLCs, it's a failure! Simple as that.

I really think a remake for the 3DS would be best. If it gets a sequel, it risks losing some good points about it. It's already a perfect game and there's nothing that needs to be added (other than full voice acting), so a sequel would feel the same, but more boring. Just a remake is enough! Also, about the DLC thing you mentioned, the moment a game starts getting DLCs, it's a failure! Simple as that.

Honestly, even a remake could lose good points about a game. DLC is technically already in TWEWY as in-app purchases (Solo Remix) for new CDs in Neku's collection, and even food items that don't really affect the gameplay a whole lot. Most people want a sequel, and not really a remake. There's already a remake for iOS and Android, so why make another one when you could just make a sequel for a franchise despite it not being as popular as say, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. Square Enix has taken risks before, and even released several great games that aren't popular, even making series out of them despite the lack of popularity.

Also, Square Enix wouldn't need to change a whole lot of TWEWY's game play for a sequel. They'd only need to change a set of characters, and music tracks.

Back