Ultimate Smash bros switch. Port or new game?

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
The new smash bros game for switch has been announced and everyone is really hyped, but with the new game arises old questions. Will it be a entire new game or just a port? Some people believe it will be a new game since of the announce of the inklings while others believe that it will be a port because there isnt any solid evidence. I believe that it will be a new game because of the new characters but let me know what you think.

Well it is hard to tell at this point, since we just got a teaser of the game. It is true that there are clearly new additions to the game, the ones you mention, the inklings, but that could as well mean that they aim for a deluxe version of the game, just like they did with mario kart 8 deluxe, they ported the game and added new content to the game. In the case of smash bros, I believe it is possible for nintendo to launch a deluxe version of the game. Personally, I expect a new game, with new (or missing) features like a story mode. Anyway, be it a port or a new game, I believe that the game will sell really well.

Reactions: freezebot
I'd say a new game because... there are so many signs that point to it being new matter in fact i'm going to give you reasons why it's a new game

1. in the trailer/teaser if you look closely you'll see text saying "original game"

2. New designs for the characters if you noticed the silhouette of Link has his botw design and if it was a port I'd say he'd have his normal TP design he's had since brawl.

3. "working title" and new logo The reason I say that is because if it was A port I'd say they would use the same logo and not call it a working title

Epilouge: In conclusion this is mere speculation so don't take this as gospel. but in my opinion it seems like a new game anyways I hope you all have a great day bye!

It's clearly a new game.
Every Wii U port made it very clear in the trailer, but this wasn't any ordinary trailer...
This was a teaser...
Would they tease a port?

It's clearly a new game.
Every Wii U port made it very clear in the trailer, but this wasn't any ordinary trailer...
This was a teaser...
Would they tease a port?
Exactly

Reactions: pokerus and Farhaan Raja
It's clearly a new game.
This was a teaser...
Would they tease a port?
Because it's the most anticipated port... Ever.

But alas I hope it is a new game, I'm just skeptical right now it will be. It takes a long time to make Smash Bros. games (like two and half to three years!) and it seems like just barely enough time if they started work after they finished the Wii U version (which they might have)

If it's a port: Hahahaha you guys wasted all your money on DLC and you probably want to sell your Wii U and Pokken Tournament and Mario Kart. I'm getting the new one with the new characters (because you know they are gonna be in there).

If it's a new game: Sakurai you've done it again! You've blew my mind with new unspeakable gameplay mechanics now where's Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight!?! I have less to say for this one because I don't know what's gonna be in it.

Reactions: freezebot and Duffy
I saw this on another post elsewhere:
eFyTUsi.jpg

So I clearly believe that the new Smash game for the Switch is going to be a new game in the series and not a port. After all, if it was a port, all of the hype would practically be for nothing. Though, to be quite frank, a port wouldn't be all too bad except for those people who don't like ports for whatever reason.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I saw this on another post elsewhere:
eFyTUsi.jpg

So I clearly believe that the new Smash game for the Switch is going to be a new game in the series and not a port. After all, if it was a port, all of the hype would practically be for nothing. Though, to be quite frank, a port wouldn't be all too bad except for those people who don't like ports for whatever reason.
I’ve said this before somewhere else but I guess no one saw it.

That’s not the case with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,
pulbUYO.jpg

d5cBybN.jpg

ZqzIQZP.jpg

The possibility of a port is still there. The two strongest arguments supporting that it’s a new game that i’ve heard are that Bandai Namco, who developed SSB4 is not there and that the logos are Slightly different. videogamedunkey from YouTube pointed out that the line in the SSB4 logo isn’t in the new one.
g9LxyIf.png

SF8hiXU.png

Both these pictures come from videogamedunky’s video on Smash switch here.
(Note that the video is a joke and intended for comedic purpose but the line is something to take note of)

It’s Nintendo so anything can happen, we may even get Melee HD but we may have to wait for E3 to truly know. I’m just happy that there is a Smash game on switch :)

I love that this is even a thing. Its obviously a new game, but everyone was expecting a port to get it out faster, so people could not comprehend the possibility. I watched a video saying that they have had more time to make this one than melee had so its gonna be new, and its gonna be hyped beyond belief at e3 this year

Back